Pymble Ladies College (1 Viewer)

HSC
Not to be weird, or shockingly rural, but does anyone here to to Pymble Ladies College?
I just got up there last weekend for an extension english seminar, and I love it! I know, its weird to fall in love with a school but its what I've done. If only my parents were millionaires who would let me repeat year 12 there...
anyway, on the high achievers list Pymble gets tons of mentions so I just thought I'd give it a bit of shout-out, see if there's any Pymble people wanting to have a bit of a brag about their marks.

(I go to a public high school in the central west, so I was highly impressed by the very pretty grounds. No graffitti, chip packets floating on the breeze...:) )

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
From numerous people they said they really didnt like PLC. PLC gain such a high rank in the HSC due to the high scholarship placements. These scholarhsip attract girls from selective school and hence a better HSC result.
And i admitt PLC has nice facilities.

greeneggsandham

blah blah blah
HSC
I go there and I really like it; it's a really beautiful school with great facilities. No marks to bragg about, though.

Uh, I don't think there are that many people on scholarships though, maybe about eight, and about half of those were already going here when they got the scholarship. But there are definately those few every year who do outstandingly - but what else can you expect in such a big grade.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I agree with greeneggsandham--there used to be 5 scholarships for the class of 2004, 8 for my year (2005) and 10 for 2006 onwards. Half of them are either music scholars or were already here beforehand. But yeah, being the big grade it is, you're bound to get someone outstanding every year. I'd say the top 3 classes out of 10 are the ones that will pull through with the band 6's--below that, it's hard to say.

The grounds are most definitely beautiful. And the girls who went to Pymble in the junior school have excellent grounding--one of the internal scholarship holders in my year was saying how they were given assessments starting from Kindy, though of course they didn't know it at the time!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My sister goes there.
Certainly has a great campus. I havent heard too many complaints about anything there.
Last year they got 1 100UAI and 4 99.95UAIs. Also 6 First in states (All in languages if i remember correctly)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Sry if i offended anyone in anyway, i just said what i heard from numerous people.

gracie007

HSC
A lot of my friends used to go there, the majority hated it, thats why they left.

There are a lot of 'pretty' private school grounds around the north shore, its not just a plc thing.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Without Wings said:
Some regional areas have some gorgeous private schools also. There are a lot of awesome school grounds & facilities around the state and even the country.
Kings is just freaky, but their uniform just looks so gay

HSC
Without Wings said:
Some regional areas have some gorgeous private schools also. There are a lot of awesome school grounds & facilities around the state and even the country.
Yeah I know. Unfortunately I’ve never been to any, even though I’ve been to private and public school. As for scholarships…well that’s not very many in a year, only 10, when I went to private school (ASC) I was in the scholarship class, something like 25 people had (half) scholarships, mostly academic. But that school sucks. I was such a slacker there, got crap marks.

shellsbells15

HSC
PLC is pretty infamous for their bitchyness...

the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

sure the school may look stunning, but there is definately a dark side to that school.

shellsbells15

HSC
PLC is pretty infamous for their bitchyness...

the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

sure the school may look stunning, but there is definately a dark side to that school.

PS. the reason theres no chip packets is because they hire people to clean up the grounds after morning tea and lunch.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
ElendilPeredhil said:
Not to be weird, or shockingly rural, but does anyone here to to Pymble Ladies College?
I just got up there last weekend for an extension english seminar, and I love it! I know, its weird to fall in love with a school but its what I've done. If only my parents were millionaires who would let me repeat year 12 there...
anyway, on the high achievers list Pymble gets tons of mentions so I just thought I'd give it a bit of shout-out, see if there's any Pymble people wanting to have a bit of a brag about their marks.

(I go to a public high school in the central west, so I was highly impressed by the very pretty grounds. No graffitti, chip packets floating on the breeze...:) )
I have a friend there, she's on here too...if you want to know moreeeeee

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oooh i went to that lecture as well...my first reaction to that school was just *jawdrop* OMG...i thought i'd walked onto a movie set...i'd known my school was a bit of a hole before i saw plc but seriously, compared to that my school looks like real crap. i couldnt get over how pristinely groomed it is...they have a music school and what looked to me like a fully equipped theatre *jealous* lol...we had a bit of a laugh imagining the plc girls' reaction if they had to come to our school for any reason..."welcome to the jungle" etc...

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
oooh i went to that lecture as well...my first reaction to that school was just *jawdrop* OMG...i thought i'd walked onto a movie set...i'd known my school was a bit of a hole before i saw plc but seriously, compared to that my school looks like real crap. i couldnt get over how pristinely groomed it is...they have a music school and what looked to me like a fully equipped theatre *jealous* lol...we had a bit of a laugh imagining the plc girls' reaction if they had to come to our school for any reason..."welcome to the jungle" etc...
Lol Yeah. I knew I couldn't be the only one who went there and just went 'OMG! my school is a shitheap!'
The lecture was pretty good too, lol.

Come to think of it, you are very right. PLC is the kind of school that you see in movies and go 'yeah right, that's not a school, looks like a church, or a uni.'

roo

HSC
I went to PLC, class of 2002. They always get good grades, we had 5 ppl get 100, thats probably why I did well, with scaling etc hehe. I didn't deserve my mark compared to the amount of work I put in though, compared to my friends from non-private schools.

The bitchyness.. well haha no comment. Our grade wasn't very close though. The darkside.. well, probably the stupid uniform.. we had to wear pom-pom hats for winter, but that's phased out now.. and the mushroom hat for summer. And the dreaded uniform reports and prefect-nazis checking uniforms outside of school.. grr. Oh and laptops from year 5.. breaking our backs.

Other than that, yes it is a beautiful campus! My friend recently got married in the PLC chapel, which was a BEAUTIFUL ceremony.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Lol Yeah. I knew I couldn't be the only one who went there and just went 'OMG! my school is a shitheap!'
The lecture was pretty good too, lol.

Come to think of it, you are very right. PLC is the kind of school that you see in movies and go 'yeah right, that's not a school, looks like a church, or a uni.'
Have u seen SHORE, newington, and SGS? They are more like a movie set.

James747

HSC
All richer private schools are like movie sets. They just have so much money to spend on their facilities.... ;)

Benja

HSC
I had to go there for a Mock Trial ( we lost) but driving into their grounds...it was amazing. I go to a public school on the North Shore that is lucky and well funded...but PLC! The school looks like a country club. Insanity

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Benja said:
I had to go there for a Mock Trial ( we lost) but driving into their grounds...it was amazing. I go to a public school on the North Shore that is lucky and well funded...but PLC! The school looks like a country club. Insanity
read this (Kings)

The school's 120-hectare main campus is on the outskirts of Parramatta. Sporting facilities include 15 cricket fields, 13 rugby fields, 12 tennis courts, five basketball courts, five soccer fields, two climbing walls, 50 m and 25 m swimming pools, gym, and an indoor rifle range. Its boatshed is in Putney, on the Parramatta River.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)