Pysch @ UWS (1 Viewer)

FLR-IT

Hows is it at the bankstown campus??

with a cut-off of just 82.xx it dam tempting!!

keresdiscordia

It's great. Yet I recomand that you do something the likes of a bac of arts maj in psychology or a bac of social science maj in psych. The bac of arts you get more choices. The bac of psyc is science based you do a lot of sciences its mainly for researches (psychologists that don't have people skills :)). Bac of arts you do more people skills. As in would you like to do a class on biology or crime and society? Bac of arts and social science gets more choices bac of psych don't get hardly any, you have to do the sciences no choice. My friend has completed bac of psychology is doing her doc and wants to do her forenisic psychology. She recomands that anyone who wants to be a psychologist to do a bac of art or a bac of social science.

FLR-IT

yeh i have 4 and an additional 2 years

but majoring is psych through arts and science doesnt guarantee u a spot in the b pysch course upon completion so u may do 3 years of arts or sci and it will be a waste

young_gurl

everyone says doing a bach of Arts is a waste of time....??..is it?...
and u dutn really need a high UAI at UWS onli in the 60's...i heard bch of artsbgets u no where as well!

T

taketheredone

Originally posted by FLR-IT
yeh i have 4 and an additional 2 years

but majoring is psych through arts and science doesnt guarantee u a spot in the b pysch course upon completion so u may do 3 years of arts or sci and it will be a waste
I am glad you have noticed the differences between that two .
The job guide web site offers a lot of useful and correct informations , tell your friends about it.... :)

stressed monkie

im a random
ok im interested in the same thing only what im doing is the three years in a bach of social science and the extra honours year then 2 years of masters whilst i get my training at the same time

honours isnt that hard to get into basically u need an average of about 70-75 and you also need a clear path of what field of psyc u wana go into

and if you dont get into honours then u just do the fourth year as an advanced diploma and that is still recognised by the APS and when u do ur 2 years of masters in psyc (which u must if u want to open ur own office) that will over-ride (in a sense) the advanced diploma

and yes i did call UWS about 5 times to get this info

Nomes

UWS Psych department has a good rep among many institutions, or so my mum says.

01pino01

HSC
- IF YOU DO B ARTS PSYCH...YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANY EXTRA YEARS THAN B PSYCH

-THE UAI MIGHT BE TEMPTING BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER 'IT IS NOT A MATTER OF GETTING IN...IT IS A MATTER OF GETTING OUT'...

.........BELIEVE ME UNI IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO CONTINUE THAN WRITING ABOUT 'STRICTLY BALLROOM'

- THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES!!! YOU MIGHT BE GETTING ONLY PASSES DURING YOUR B PSYCH DEGREE AND TRUST MY WORD...YOU WILL GET NO WHERE REGARDLESS OF THE STRUCTURE OF YOUR COURSE

- THE PSYCH DEPARTMENT OF UWS 'IS' EXCELLENT...THEY COME FROM A VARIETY OF EDUCATIONAL AND SOCIAL BACKGROUNDS.....UNLIKE YOUR 'BEARD, GLASSES AND A FAT BELLY' LECTURER IMAGE, WE HAVE GOT LECTURERS FROM ALL AGES (excluding under 18s :D)

soooo relaxxxxxxxxxxx and remember, where ever you are it ireally s a matter of earning good marks and most of all ACKNOWLEDGING WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT!

:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)