Q&A + Advice for incoming/future USYD students (1 Viewer)

eduiwqh23

HSC
Hey there, I wanted to chat to all of you current USYD students, I graduated from school this year and also finally completed my HSC exams, YAYAYAYYY 🥳

What does a typical day at uni usually look like for you guys, and what time would you be expected to arrive? (lol, i'm paranoid about being late since the city is so far away from where i live). I would definitely appreciate any helpful advice for future 2024 students like me (hopefullyy!!!) Thank you!! :awesome:

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I don’t go to usyd but … you can set your timetable so travel times should be less of a worry. if you’re expected to arrive when class starts? well class starts 5 after and finished 5 before

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on successfully finishing your HSC journey! 🥳 I completed my Honours year at USyd this year. Although mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa mentioned that he does not attend USyd, his advice still applies.

A typical day at university will vary depending on the degree(s) being studied and the study load (i.e. full-time or part-time). Generally speaking, you can expect the need to attend classes such as lectures (which are common across all degrees), tutorials, seminars, practicals, workshops, etc. The specific types of classes that will be applicable to you will depend on your degree(s). For example, a Bachelor of Commerce student may attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and seminars, whereas a Bachelor of Science student may attend workshops and/or practicals instead of seminars. Classes can vary in duration depending on their type.

The fact that you live far from USyd means that you should plan your travel in such a way that you always arrive on time for your classes. Of course, the details will depend on your timetable, which brings us to another point. When timetable preferences open (USyd will send information regarding this when the time comes), you should ensure that you promptly select your class time preferences so that you are able to secure the most suitable days/times for your classes.

In terms of when you should arrive, 5-15 minutes before a class starts is appropriate as it allows you to find the space where the class is taking place, as well as have your device and any other study material needed ready once you are there.

I hope this helps! 😄

eduiwqh23

HSC
hey i might also be a usyd student next year, and live 1.5-2hrs from campus 🥲 are you gonna get student accommodation?
I mean it would be rlly fun but nah i'd much rather stay where the locals at :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)