• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Q about Micro 2 and Macro 2 (1 Viewer)

provoq

HSC
hey, has anyone done both of these courses? is it a lot harder than their 1 counterparts and lastly is it manageable to do them in the one semester?
thanks in advance

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
to the initial poster:

yes, yes, probably not.

micro2 is pretty damn hard, macro2 is not as hard but still much harder than macro1.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Micro 2 is difficult because its a very intuitive sort of subject. You'll get some theory, be given a few questions and be expected to pull some abstract micro eco analytical bullshit out of your ass to answer the question. I remember doing the homework, it looked deceptively simple but once you get in to it, you'll just get stuck unless it comes to you naturally (hence why its intuitive). Studying heaps for this course wont really help you when it comes to answering questions.

Macro 2 is pretty much just like Macro 1. Similar sort of content except the only difference is that you'll be given more variables/equations to remember and play around with. Still, it's a pretty straight-forward course.

I'm not sure what's happening next year but when they were offered this year, you had to do micro 2 in session 1 and macro 2 in session 2. It might've changed from what I heard as they're popular courses

K

ken098

In hindsight, would have rather done Macro 2 before Micro 2?
Do you think completing one before the other would help??

cause his sem both are available.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
well since the two topics focus on different aspects of economics, it really doesn't matter which one you do first. I probably wouldn't recommend doing them both at the same time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)