Q: Do we have to stop at roundabouts? (2 Viewers)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
All roundabouts are giveways to anything.

The law as far as indicating is imprecise, you are legally required to indicate all movement though a roundabout - where this is practical. eg where practical you should indicate left when leaving the roundabout even when going straight through.

Obviously the 'where practical' is open to interpretation. Personally I always indicate - it is really not hard I manage it whilst changing gear, steering and often as not engaging in mild forms of drift. And this is in small roundabouts.

Braad I live in canberra so I think I beat you're roundabouts within a 500m radius of my house there are about six. I drive through three on the 10minute drive to work. (and as a random note the most direct route to work would take me through nine sets of traffic lights).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I tend to stop at roundabouts, only cause I don't trust people at roundabouts.

DaddyK said:
i wanna know if you have to indicate out of a round about if your just going straight through it.
The small ones I don't if I'm going straight, but if I'm going through the monster roundabout at Midway I indicate, and so do most of the other drivers, I think its polite to indicate and let drivers know that your leaving, sometimes you could sit there for 10 minutes if no one bothered to indicate.

HSC
7th Sign said:
nah you just have to slow down man...but if some ones comming from your left you let them go :D
oh god. i really hope im not coming from ur right hand side. ever

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hahahah what a retard hey. I can imagine him as one of those fuckers that just zoom straight through roundabouts without a second thought for any other drivers.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There's a pretty big roundabout in cherrybrook on newline road/county drive/shepherds drive... and it's hard to come out if noone indicates =(

HSC
Shell said:
hahahah what a retard hey. I can imagine him as one of those fuckers that just zoom straight through roundabouts without a second thought for any other drivers.
that is seriously scary that a) he has a licence and doesnt know which side to give way to
and B) he lives in the shire which multiplies my chances of being killed by him

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
There's a pretty big roundabout in cherrybrook on newline road/county drive/shepherds drive... and it's hard to come out if noone indicates =(
just wait till there's a reasonable gap then

if they dont indicate, give them the finger

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Braad I live in canberra so I think I beat you're roundabouts within a 500m radius of my house there are about six. I drive through three on the 10minute drive to work. (and as a random note the most direct route to work would take me through nine sets of traffic lights).
really? on my 10-15 minute drive to work (depending on traffic at the roundabouts) i pass through 12 roundabouts

HSC
Shell said:
but at least he gives way to his left!
like WATDEFOCK

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
braad said:
to your right

:/

i dont indicate if going straight...we have too many small roundabouts, and anyone who says otherwise come and fucking drive around here and indicate left and right when going straight through the 500 roundabouts in my suburb/local area

but yes, i indicate when turning :)

and give way, not stop
Where u from, if you dont mind me asking? We also have a ton of roundabouts and zero traffic lights - i dont know many places like that lol

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Btw guys... I know I should read the guidebook but I'm a lazy-ass... at pedestrian crossings and stuff, we just have to slow down right, but we don't have to stop either unless there's ppl there?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
just slow down. dont have to stop.

it depends where you are. if you're on a very busy road and it's in te middle of the day, and there is clearly no one there, then dont slam on your brakes and to 20 km/h past the crossing :/

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
slow down, then indicate left to leave r.bout

Bad drivers include:

ppl who run over roundabouts cause they thiink its a man job with his ute

ppl who dont indicate

ppl who STOP when you are meant to give way to them

asian ladies

rev heads who speed around the r.bout

drivers who are concerned with how much better they are at driving than anyone else

old men who change lanes without looking

ppl who turn right from left lane in r.bout (dangerous)

ppl who speed up when u just enter a r.bout (like they wanna hit u, but they dont wanna hit u?)

7th Sign

HSC
Shell said:
How did you get your licence? Do you have any idea? really?
another stupid girl who can not notice extreme SARCASM

Note the big smiley :|

HSC
7th Sign said:
another stupid girl who can not notice extreme SARCASM

Note the big smiley :|
bahaha. if shell and I are stupid then I'd hate to think what that makes you.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
go_swans said:
bahaha. if shell and I are stupid then I'd hate to think what that makes you.

not as stupid?

who knows

you 3 should stop arguing over pissy things (im not saying who's at fault)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
braad said:

not as stupid?

who knows

you 3 should stop arguing over pissy things (im not saying who's at fault)
yeah, coz you'd be a hypocrite saying its 7th_faggots fault. so those neat little brackets speak volumes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)