Q: How does one regain motivation for studying? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Go for a run, or a big lifting sesh.

Give yourself a time out, relax, don't think about exams, spend 3 hours in the bath tub. I don't care.

What you need right now is some relaxation time to gather your thoughts and find new motivation!

Unfortunately for me, I experienced a burn out during the final HSC exams. Luckily you're experiencing yours now! Learn from it.
+1 on the run thing. I have this mindset which doesn't allow me to relax because if I'm not doing anything productive it makes me stressed. If I go for a run it's at least sort of beneficial. I also read possible related texts and watch French movies, which is sort of helpful so I don't feel bad about letting myself do it, but not strictly study. Maybe you'll let yourself relax a bit more if you see it as productive?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
+1 on the run thing. I have this mindset which doesn't allow me to relax because if I'm not doing anything productive it makes me stressed. If I go for a run it's at least sort of beneficial. I also read possible related texts and watch French movies, which is sort of helpful so I don't feel bad about letting myself do it, but not strictly study. Maybe you'll let yourself relax a bit more if you see it as productive?
I think running is the best thing possible.

Get's you out of the house, re-aligns that awful posture you've had at your desk for the past few hours, and it puts you in an amazing physical and mental mind frame.

If I was stressed, I'd go for like a 2 hour run. If not, I'd do a 30min sprint. Either way you feel awesome afterwards and ready to tackle anything.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
This is a common misconception - burnout is something completely different, the end result of which is a breakdown I think.

The phenomenon which most people associate with burning out is more or less becoming unmotivated because you havent properly paced yourself and/or because you have little experience with study. It's like a marathon runner who sprints at the begining of the race, wastes all their energy and then drops out due to exhaustion - there isnt anything wrong with them, they just didnt pace themselves.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)