q (pronounced "yah") (1 Viewer)

has anyone heard of this band? German impressionists with jazz and middle eastern influences? They pack alot of their songs with anti-western sentiments. Ive heard a few on a bootleged 8 track, but have never really heard of them before or since, so can anyone help me out?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i think you gave the frontman a big fat blowjob, you cunt

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Unfortunately, I've only heard a few of their songs.. Such as 'Mein Beaver', which I think is by them.. Upon listening to it, it struck me as rather reminiscent of Damo Suziki-era Can, not derivative, but bringing a similar spirit of invention to the often-restricted musical scene.

Their bold-faced experimentation has already established them as among my favourite bands. They appear to have made many compelling statements, both musical and political, and may very well be the 'voice of a generation'. However, only time will tell in fufilling that prediction, which I'm confident to make, thereby indicating their brilliance and potential.

Sadly, I can't really recommend anything you haven't heard. (Other than possibly some scratchy demo tapes of their debut recording..)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah yeah i think we listened to some of their stuff as an aural practise in music... is it that crazy thing with the contemporary transformations?
i borrowed the cd off my teacher, she's a huge fan. i really like what they do with the chromaticism and their rhythmic ostinatos are incredibly original. also their material i found to be really relevant during the hsc and very much related to the current affairs going on at the time.
anyone who wants to know "what is music" should really check them out.
and the solo parts are absolutely brilliant :eek:

not to mention their sexy accents

ohh toods, holy crap im so jealous.
did you copy the cd by any chance?
its amazing how atonal, yet increadibly consonant their sound is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)