q re: internets, for the mac-familiar (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
Hey so I just turned my mac laptop on in my room in sydney - which I've never done before as I always keep it downstairs or I'm away at uni... and a network thing popped up asking me if I'd like to join "netgear", which i clicked - and now my internet is working wireless, which is something I don't think I've even enabled with my home dialup connection. It's not connected to the internet via dialup. When I put my laptop on the floor the connection drops out - have I somehow managed to tap into my neighbour's broadband intrnets? I live in a townhouse so I guess maybe I'd be within their broadband wireless area. if i have, then that's pretty cool. help me if you know what's going on!:confused:

kaylz

HSC
will they know? because i'll still sleep at night, provided I don't get in trouble. can they see my internets? thanks brogan.

kaylz

HSC
will they know? because i'll still sleep at night, provided I don't get in trouble. can they see my internets? thanks brogan.

kaylz

HSC
haha yay free broadband intneret. sexc. thanks brogybaby

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You can probably assume that if they don't know how to secure their network they certainly won't know if you are using it.

Someone that lives around me recently got themselves a wireless router and didn't set up any security. I connected to it once because my Internet was down and I wanted to see what the problem was but other than that I leave it alone.

kaylz

HSC
I think they put a password on it.:( does anyone know how to h4x0rz?

kaylz

HSC
that sounds complicated. i might just buy some internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)