Q12 (1 Viewer)

zipsa

HSC
N/A
Which task performed by systems developers is most likely to ensure that participants accept a new system?

a) Interviewing the users and Participants of a system to identify system requirements
b) Carrying out a feasibility study looking specifically at the cost of introducing the new system
c) Using a prototype to get feedback from participants before defining the system requirements
d) Meeting with participants at several stages during the project to discuss training and how the system will be implemented

I narrowed it down to C or D, i chose D because you design the prototype once the the system requirements have been defined not before. D, will just make the client feel secure n shit that the system will operate smoothly and therefore accept it.

wat did everyone else say ?

sasha279

HSC
C, I felt that the system requirements should only be decided _after_ feedback is gained from users regarding their opinions. System requirements includes the purpose anyway... ?

zipsa

HSC
N/A
kk im gona quote from the Cambridge HSC Guide

"Value of a prototype:
- A prototype will help clarify the requirements"

"A prototype is a working model of an information system, built in order to understand the requirements of the system"

So according to this book, the requirements are already defined prior to producing the prototype. The prototype merely stands as a product to reinforce the requirements

Last edited:

zipsa

HSC
N/A
And now im reading the Excel book and it completely contradicts everything i said hahaha.
However, i still stand by D, repeated meetings about training and implementation will make them feel confident in accepting the new system, the requirements produced from the prototype (ie the requirements report) aids the developer more then the client (time management -- GANNT)

Last edited:

whitey9999

HSC
N/A
I put C coz D was only worried but implementation and training and not how the system is operating.
And yeh u can make a prototype of the old system to define requirements for the new one and where the changes will be and shit like that

EDIT: (Well thats wat we were taught)

plcains

HSC
I actually put A, im probly wrong, but at least in managing change in business studies you interview the users BEFORE starting anything to ensure that their values are recognised, cause they are more likely to accept a system if it is developed with their input. BTW, there is no way it is C, why would you develop a prototype before you know what they want ahaha.

betonit169

My Username Sucks....
HSC
i already forgot what each of them mean in IPT

im glad thats moving out of my brain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)