Q2 - who didn't relate to Q1? (1 Viewer)

KingofthieF

ME!!!!!

freaking i'm so so so so annoyed now... the question is not a hard one, just need to write a letter! I swear if the question specifically stated that "REFER to QUESTION 1" instead of the blunt {Text 1} {Text 2} i would have answer the question well!!!

If they deduct lots of mark for not refering, me gonna argue till there's no tomoro... its a freaking creative writing not an extended reading task! :argue:

I don't know if i'm like the only one around, but if u do sorry to bring the bad news and post ur says here!!!

doesn't matter that much
bcoz the questios says

briefly refer to the text.

so not much stuff is needed about the text.
rest should apply to the question anyway

NATMAN

Originally posted by KingofthieF
ME!!!!!

freaking i'm so so so so annoyed now... the question is not a hard one, just need to write a letter! I swear if the question specifically stated that "REFER to QUESTION 1" instead of the blunt {Text 1} {Text 2} i would have answer the question well!!!
Don't worry, you're not the only one... at least 8 ppl from my school also didn't relate to question 1 (although I did).

BTW, do you think they will do some kind of 'adjustment'?

melissella

even tho i did relate it to q1, i only related it to the actual phrase "u dont know what u've got till its gone" from text 1, not the concept of urbanisation etc (altho i explained that while she was referring to a place i was referring to myself) and as far as i know, so did a lot of other people, so dont worry too much- theres not much difference between u and i and therefore 100's of other people. u r right- it is a creative task. that is where the most marks will be. really they only did the referring thing to give u some guidance, while still giving a heap of freedom in the content of your composition. however, in saying that, u probably will lose a mark or 2, unless there r just SO many other people who did the same (which looks to be the case)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: Re: Q2 - who didn't relate to Q1?

Originally posted by NATMAN
BTW, do you think they will do some kind of 'adjustment'?
The 'adjustment' is called taking marks off for answering the question incorrectly. :p

I doubt they'd be overly harsh.

Chicken

The question did NOT say "refer briefly to the text". It said "compose a letter to" the composer of one. What it DID say was "respond BREIFLY to SOME aspect of the text".

Hence, if the text was NOT referred to, The question was not answered. If is impossible to have answered Question 2 WITHOUT having referred to one of the texts. THat doesn't mean refer to Question 1 - just the TEXTS.

evie

Anyone know how much this adjustment will be of? It wasn't that clear so it's not your fault. They should write their questions better or put that part in bold before they put down what you hafta do.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I didn't relate it, cause it didn't fit in with the story I had memorised, so I just thought screw you stupid BOS, Im writing what I want.

And yay no more english ever again! *unless I have to repeat cause I screwed up the exam*

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by melissella
...even tho i did relate it to q1, i only related it to the actual phrase "u dont know what u've got till its gone" from text 1, not the concept of urbanisation etc...
Yeah! I did the same thing. I related it to; "Don't it always seem to go/ That you don't know what you've got/Till it's gone"
I didn't actually refer to concept of urbanisation either. This isn't wrong is it?

Also, I didn't include an address at the top. Do you think a lot of marks would be deducted for this?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
It'll probably be something like you not being able to get into band 6 (for not answering the question properly).

I doubt it would be overly harsh; they're examining your ability to write, not just your ability to read the question.

laney

HSC
*raises hand*

i did the same thing.

after the exam i realise and i was soooooo shite.

anyway, i wrote a letter (yeah well, pez kinda did it for me) to the school about it, telling them to pass on the message to the BOS. Hopefully she's done that.

Anyway, i also know people who made the same mistake.

Do you realise, IF you did question 2 first, you would have no fucking idea WHAT THE HELL the question was on about?!?! AND, you're allowed to do the questions in any order!!!!?!?! RIGH?!?!!!

I think it was a poorly wirtten question, and you'd THINK, they could get it right, after drafting, and lots of corrections of the paper!!!

ARGH

terminator

jeez a feel relieved now that i know i wasn't the only one, the BOS should have definitely put the "refer" part in bold. Especially when you're rushing under exam conditions.

UPKA - two words of wisdom: "FUCK YOU"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)