Q26 - Distribution strategies (1 Viewer)

What did you write about in regards to 'Distribution channels'?

• Total voters

JosephW

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Yeah that does, though you can't have had much time to go into detail...
I did actually. Had an hour to do this and an hour to do the essay. Finished MC and short answer in an hour =]

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
JosephW said:
I did actually. Had an hour to do this and an hour to do the essay. Finished MC and short answer in an hour =]
You now they said only discuss 1 so you basically wasted your time talking about all that jibar jibaa

JosephW

HSC
o0-Prodigy-0o said:
You now they said only discuss 1 so you basically wasted your time talking about all that jibar jibaa
I'm happy :rolleyes:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I talked about how selective distribution would be best --> aimed at jewelly stores and some other stores to develop a sound recognition of the product.

And i made comment on the distribution process; transport, warehousing, inventory.

charlesdinio

HSC
The actual correct answer, as told by a teacher who is marking HSC business is the producer to wholesaler bla bla..

paunchypig

HSC
There is no right answer imo. I reckon they'll be lenient with this area, as there isn't a formalised set of 'strategies of distribution'. Yes there are methods and control measures, but no strategies. I'm sure they'll accept like levels of distribution and other stuff like JIT management etc.

Lordie

HSC
paunchypig said:
There is no right answer imo. I reckon they'll be lenient with this area, as there isn't a formalised set of 'strategies of distribution'. Yes there are methods and control measures, but no strategies. I'm sure they'll accept like levels of distribution and other stuff like JIT management etc.
Indeed. Hence why it's best to cover all bases when seeing a distribution question. Even though it asks reccommend ONE, you can analyse a series of methods that suit her, and can be implemented at different stages of her expansion.

s09mcleandu

HSC
Distribution has to do with 3 main parts, which all make up the one strategy

- Physical distribution (warehousing, inventory and transport)
- Distribution methods - ie. what intermediaries (or none)
- Channels of distribution - selective, exclusive and intensive

Or at least that is what i did, and it made me feel ok....so far...lol

:uhhuh:

2inspr

HSC
When we had the reading time everyone in the exam went straight to the back and the next you could hear a collective groan

Epic fail of a question

brad616

HSC
brad616 said:
Did you have to talk about transporting, inventories and wharehousing?? I did but didnt go intot hat much detail:read:
Still havent received any replies. Can any one help me? If now does not matter, i understand

kthxbambi

HSC
i wrote like 3 pages on export, FDI etc
then got a brain wave and im like OH WAIT DISTRIBUTION NOT EXPORT
so i wrote about intensive/selective/exclusive etc

i hope they dont deduct marks for what i did that was irrelevant =/

SimonSpinks1990

HSC
ok stupid question

now from what i can see no one has refered to the syllabus on board of studies for the distribution, so here it is ;)

place/distribution
– distribution channels and reasons for intermediaries
– channel choice including intensive, selective, exclusive
– physical distribution issues including transport, warehousing, inventory
so from what i can see is that as long as you put something of that in your fine, i personally done distribution channels

e-commerce, it is mentioned in the syllabus, but not as its own dot point

as for the funds, i said retained profits and investors ;) an internal and external

Happy.Chen

HSC
N/A
there's been a lot of controversy around this question, but, i chose "something different" because i'de included all: exporting, selective distribution and distribution channels. as well, the question was to evaluate, so i thought it might be better to include as much information regarding distribution as possible, because the question was not specific, strategy could mean possibly any form of distribution. but generally, i think as long as you support and evaluate your answer well enough you shouldn't lose too much marks.

xD

Happy.Chen

HSC
N/A
charlesdinio said:
The actual correct answer, as told by a teacher who is marking HSC business is the producer to wholesaler bla bla..
OH i did that, but very vaguely ... =_________="

nicholas.

HSC
I chose to use selective distribution through exporting.
My teacher was pretty confident that we could morph the two as there is no such distribution STRATEGIES...

eskimoh

HSC
anyone who jsut said "intensive/selective/exclusive" is missing out on other stuff like intermederies and stuff arnet they? cos those are channel CHOICES and the question asked for distribution strategies. u could include channel choices as part of it, but it required more than just that?

nataliaa.cc

HSC
I have no idea how I'll go but..

I kind of morphed into the report methods of international expanision (ie: licensing/franchising/exporting) with intense, selective and exclusive distribution and then discussed selling to agents as apposed to individual consumers. Then I discussed what methods would be best for the business/which methods the report recommended and related it back to e-commerce and finance.

Prosper

HSC
If I said intensive because that way she was able to target a very large market and try to decrease the potential for her to have financial difficulties (which she was scared of in the stimulus) would that be alright?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)