Q28d [Depreciation] (1 Viewer)

Dammit

Did anyone else think this question was way too hard to put in a general maths paper?

Can someone please post the solution?

M

mushi

i got 0.292

hopes it right..
it seems ok when u subsitite into the quation and work it out etc etc

anastabation

i couldn;t really do it, they worded it crap and i was running out of time. wasn't a bad test over all though.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I had no idea at first, so I used good old guess & check until I got 0.292, then I wrote my working out afterwards. lol.

tommo2485

yeah that depreciation question was way too hard!! i actually guessed it and pretty sure i got it wrong but 2 people both told me the answer was 29% : )

nothingtosay

i had absolutely no idea so i just used trial n error till i got something close to 400...which i put as 28%...i then just made up some bullshit working out

Chelle

lol i had no idea for that question because didnt it say that salvage value would be 0. so when i did all my subsititutions i got
4root of 0/800 equals r, and that left me with like 0
so thats what i wrote!!

Do you think ill at least get say 1/2 mark for trying hehe i mean the damn thing is worth 4 marks!!!

ahhh failure smells good!!

darryl

hopefully they are very genrerous in giving marks for working....i think i was on the right track but ran out of time

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
yup.. got 29~ %
I thought it was different for them to put that type of question in, especially because it was all worth 4 marks... took a bit of problem solving skills.. or just basically some equation manipulation.

I liked it.. a nice end to it.

WayBehind

hmm ok i sat for 15min wheni got to the end of the paper looking at this questiom and couldnt do it i searched fromula shhet for help still couldnt do it i get out and someone says its on formula sheet. so i look and there it is. oh FK there goes four marks DAMN!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I was among the seeming throng who got 29.285% or thereabouts.. (Rounded to 29.3%). I just figured out the value after 2 years for Straight-line ($400), and then did guess and-check using the depreciation formula..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)