Q2Q questions (1 Viewer)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
he was the head guy of the nazi program right? just some points he apparently was ideallogically opposed 2 the devepment of A-bombs, he tried to make a deal with Bohr so that each can use their influence to stop the development in US and Germany. it didnt happen. he believed the critical mass of U-235 was over 200% of the actual mass, one of the reason the nazi program didnt take off. there are also eveidence that heissenberg was actually working on a fusion bomb (like the H-bomb), but in the end, the evidence gathered by allies showed that either way, the germans were no where near completing the bomb. There are those who suggest that heissenberg deliberately sabotaged the nazi project, but im not sure bout the reliability of the sources

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
he was the head guy of the nazi program right? just some points he apparently was ideallogically opposed 2 the devepment of A-bombs, he tried to make a deal with Bohr so that each can use their influence to stop the development in US and Germany. it didnt happen. he believed the critical mass of U-235 was over 200% of the actual mass, one of the reason the nazi program didnt take off. there are also eveidence that heissenberg was actually working on a fusion bomb (like the H-bomb), but in the end, the evidence gathered by allies showed that either way, the germans were no where near completing the bomb. There are those who suggest that heissenberg deliberately sabotaged the nazi project, but im not sure bout the reliability of the sources
hmm... very interesting...it sounds more like modern history to me.:D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i dont think its in the syllabus, but hey the way the HSC science is going it will be renamed science history or science studies in 10 years time.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
i dont think its in the syllabus, but hey the way the HSC science is going it will be renamed science history or science studies in 10 years time.
i think they will keep making it easier until they realise and then they will revert to the old (pre 2000) hsc syllabus.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)