qld core skills test thing (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
so is anyone from qld? whats the year 12 certificate thing like? is it just a basic skills test ( it sounds like that from its name)
thanks

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I have a friend in Queensland... they only have 2 days of exams!!! And they get these funny OP ranks instead of a UAI/ENTER

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Their system relies more on consistent assessment rather than final exams. I think it's a bit more fair because then people like me who bludge for two years and cram two weeks before the exam don't get the credit that is really earned by the people who consistently apply themselves.

skttrbrn

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'm from QLD. QCST is tomorrow. :(
It's divided into 3 parts:
Writing task (first up tomorrow)
Multi choice questions
Short response items.

Multi choice itself is divided in two, with one paper on tuesday afternoon and one on wednesday afternoon.

ummmm....The writing task - You're given a stimulus sheet and a fairly vague question, you have to respond in written form, around 600 words, you can write a short story, some sort of informative article, a letter, diary entry etc. You're assessed based on central idea, vocabulary, responsiveness, grammar, spelling, punctuation, structuring and sequencing and length.

The multiple choice and short response papers are units of questions based on english, mathematics, ethics, history, geography and a bunch of other subjects. Umm...it's kind of hard to explain, but the questions are all of a level that should neither advantage nor disadvantage students.

Good luck to all of the Queenslanders in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)