Q's regarding TIMETABLE FORMATION (1 Viewer)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I just have 2 Q's, one of which i think has already been answered somewhere but i want to ask it anyway:

1) Is it better to have your timetable compact so u come to uni less or spread out? If compact, obviously i come less but what if there are events and stuff on that will force me to come anyway? And how do people find time for study sessions?!

2) Should labs and tutes be followed by lectures or other way around?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
1) It depends. Usually my timetables are 4-5 days, so it doesn't make a difference. I think that if you live further away from the university campus, you would probably want to make your timetable more 'compact'. Any spare breaks you have can be spent hanging around, playing pool, going to the gym, or catching up on some work at the library. Really, it's a matter of personal choice. If you want to balance universty studies with a part-time job, maybe its best to make it more 'compact'.

2) It doesn't really matter.

I think all our soon-to-be first-years need to stop worrying so much. You are only first year, no need to worry about filling up your 144 CP etc. It seems like you all have a lot of questions which are fair enough, but just rock up to uni and you'll find out soon enough.

Raginsheep

HSC
If my timetable looks like this:

Mon 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Weekly)
Wed 9:00 am - 10:00 am (Weekly)
Tue 9:00 am - 10:00 am (Weekly)
Thu 11:00 am - 12:00 pm (Weekly)

does this mean that it alternates from week to week or is it just crappy arranging?
This is for MATH1151

Also, how do I get rid of an enroled tutorial?

Last edited:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
Also, how do I get rid of an enroled tutorial?
Drop the class (write down your aok times first so you know which ones to select), then add it again and select a different tutorial.

Raginsheep

HSC
Yeah, I worked that out right after I typed the question up. But how bout someone answer my other one :p

HSC
Yeh I got a thursday with just 1 1 hour lecture on :( I had to do QMA next semester cause im doing maths skill program (learning 2u)

Raginsheep

HSC
Every other multiple class listing goes from Monday to Tuesday to Wed.... in order. For the list above, its Monday then Wednesday then Tuesday and Thursday.

gman03

HSC
Raginsheep said:
Every other multiple class listing goes from Monday to Tuesday to Wed.... in order. For the list above, its Monday then Wednesday then Tuesday and Thursday.
unsorted order = crappy arranging = four lectures every week.

Why? because two lectures per week is simply not enough.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hahah, yeah the MATH timetable freaked me out when I first chose my subjects. I thought out of the four lectures we only had to attend one :D

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Survivor39 said:
hahah, yeah the MATH timetable freaked me out when I first chose my subjects. I thought out of the four lectures we only had to attend one :D
What? we have to attend all 4? :vcross:

:lol:

hmm, wrong place to ask but whats with 'Engineering Design' it says 2-5 (twice a week) :pain: lol, I get the impression its also a lecture *dies*

gman03

HSC
I can't really make out what you are trying to say, with all those emoticons...

I think that if you don't have tut/lab you attend the thursday class.. where? dunn0
physician said:
What? we have to attend all 4? :vcross:

:lol:

hmm, wrong place to ask but whats with 'Engineering Design' it says 2-5 (twice a week) :pain: lol, I get the impression its also a lecture *dies*

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
gman03 said:
I can't really make out what you are trying to say, with all those emoticons...

I think that if you don't have tut/lab you attend the thursday class.. where? dunn0

lol... Yeah I guess i did go a "little" over board with all those new emoticons

ENGG1000 (i.e Engineering Desing) is on from 2p.m - 5p.m, and we have to attend twice a week, I was just wondering whether its an actual lecture or if something practical may be involved...

gman03

HSC
physician said:
lol... Yeah I guess i did go a "little" over board with all those new emoticons

ENGG1000 (i.e Engineering Desing) is on from 2p.m - 5p.m, and we have to attend twice a week, I was just wondering whether its an actual lecture or if something practical may be involved...
As I mentioned before it looked as if tut-lab is only available to CSE students. My guess is that the thursday 2-5 are for non-cse people. My reason is this course is suppose to have 6 contact hours.

gman03

HSC
matthewm said:
why is that? why do some people get tut and lab access and full fee paying dont...
What you on about. CSE refers to Computer Science and Engineering. not HECS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)