quanta help plz... (1 Viewer)

silvi@cghs

hey dudes......
hows ur physics studying going.......
plz neone spare some time for some help......

> analyse the significance of the hydrogen spectrum in the development of Bohr's model of the atom

> describe how Bohr's postulates led to ....... equation with Rydberg's constant

> describe the IMPACT of de Broglie's proposal.....

> describe Fermi's initial observation of nuclear fission...

> discuss Pauli's suggestion of the existence of the neutrino and relate it to the need.......

thanks heaps if neone can help......

stag_j

hydrogen spectrum showed that there were distinct energy levels where the atom was stable - ie. electron orbits

bohr's postulates led to the rydberg equation - the maths in this is hard to explain, but if you have it the jacaranda t/b has a step-by step explanation of it. basically you combine the kinetic and potential energies of the electrons, combine this with the angular momentum, and end up with E(n)=E(1)/(n^2). then using change in energy = E(i)-E(f) you get hf, which can be rearranged to the rydberg equation.

pauli and the existance of the neutrino - alpha particles were found to always have the same velocity. beta particles however had different velocities. the only way that they could explain this was for some of the momentum to be going somewhere else. they decided there must be another particle (the neutrino) that was gaining momentum. even tho they couldnt detect this particle, they were very sure that laws of conservation of energy should be able to be applied to the sub-atomic particles, and eventually they detected them.

sorry but i cant do the other two off the top of my head

bails

All i hav to say is why didnt i choose bio?!?!?! I so need a tutor or some miracle to get even decent grades on this one!

SmokedSalmon

HSC
New Physics = shithouse

Originally posted by bails
All i hav to say is why didnt i choose bio?!?!?! I so need a tutor or some miracle to get even decent grades on this one!
Even with a physics professor of a father my grades are no where near as high as they should be. Around 20 people who do physics in my year failed the trials (I passed yipee!). The new physics syllabus is plain stupid before it was maths and barely any theory. Flipping over those exams I feel like I would have earned a 90! bahhh Stupid BOS.

bails

Hmm, only two people passed in our class, quite sad really... yeah i wasnt one of them lol. If i pass ill b ova the moon, but its doubtful. Id rather it was maths based, yeah

silvi@cghs

thanks guys....
its good to know we all friends here.....errrr hate ppl who wont tell u things cos they dont wanna share.....:argue:
physics.....new syllabus ok.....i wanna try ace it though cos yeh....

good luck peeps :apig:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)