Quantitative and qualitative analysis (1 Viewer)

samwell

HSC
Can anybody tell me if describing the molar heat of combustion meets this question's requirement. (THE QUESTION WAS: DESCRIBE AN EXPERIMENT U HAVE DONE THAT HAS SHOWN THE DIFFERENCE BTN QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS?):confused:

sarahhh-xx

HSC
samwell said:
Can anybody tell me if describing the molar heat of combustion meets this question's requirement. (THE QUESTION WAS: DESCRIBE AN EXPERIMENT U HAVE DONE THAT HAS SHOWN THE DIFFERENCE BTN QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS?):confused:
Um I think that purely describing molar heat of combustion would be only be qualitative .
?

samwell

HSC
i described theoretical thinking of the prac and then described the use o q=mct to calculate it
do u think io may get 3 marks 4 it

marwa990

HSC
Qualitive analysis is about determining the components of a mixture, compound etc or the appearance or characteristics of it. U can talk about that experiment and describe the difference in soot production between the alkanols. i.e: methanol had less than ethanol and less than propanol etc... this is qualitive analysis.

for quantitive analysis whic involves measuring how much of each component there is etc,, talk about the difference in molar hear of combustion between the alkanols

i think this will be an excellent approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)