Quarantine!!! (1 Viewer)

JUB JUB

HSC
can anyone help me with this dot pt?

Evaluate the effectiveness of quarantine in preventing the spread of plant and animal disease into Australia...

thanks

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Isolation: high effectiveness because all plant and animal products are placed into isolation for a period of time to let any diseases they carry to incubate.
Declaration of products: has a low to medium effectiveness. This relies strongly on the honesty of the person. People may not know that they have to declare a wood product, because it may have a disease on it.

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
Here's sone example...There's something about the North of Australia, in which special livestock are tested for signs of a deadly virus carried by some insect from Asia. Because of the sea winds, the insect can easily be 'flown' to Australia.
Have you tried looking up the Quarrantine Website? It may be helpful.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well, evaluate > make a judgement on.
You could say that quarantine is very effective in halting the spread of diseases into Australia, as the measures used are effective in stopping diseased organisms and pathogens from entering the country.. etc etc

JUB JUB

HSC
hmm yes thanks guys
i guess the real problem i've had is finding the negative aspects of quarantine-as in areas where it has not been effective.....everything I have found has been positive...argh:mad1:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yes.. you could talk about the fruit fly regulations and stuff...
and foot and mouth and all that sort of stuff
Examples are always good..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)