Queen Camilla (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
I don't think she will - like the husband of the Queen isn't the King - he's the "Queen's consort" or somesuch.
If it makes Prince Charles and Camilla happy to get married after waiting for how long, and as long as they don't make a disgrace of themselves, I don't particularly mind.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
they changed it yesterday, the royal family issued a statement saying she will be queen and not queen's consort as they said before

waterfowl

HSC
There is no such thing as 'Queen's Consort'.
The husband of a Queen is the Prince Consort.
Camilla was going to be Princess Consort, however by law the wife of a King automatically becomes Queen.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
yeh, the only reason that philip is a prince and not a king is cos king is higher than queen, and lizzi was heir.
i cant believe they sed she would b queen i would like a lil bit of proof thanks speedo.
thats jst rediculous.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
neither, did everyone kick up a stink when Queen Elizabeth the 2nd became Queen?!

i dont really see how it matters?! maybe im ignorant

waterfowl

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
neither, did everyone kick up a stink when Queen Elizabeth the 2nd became Queen?!
That's because Queen Elizabeth II was heir to the throne.
Most Brits view Camilla as an adulterous woman who broke up the (fairytale) wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.

waterfowl

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
But wont Charles still be the King?! and Camilia be the Queen?! Pfff...i dont know?!

We're NOT Brits either...
You said "did everyone kick up a stink when Queen Elizabeth the 2nd became Queen?! "
to which I replied no they didn't, and gave the reason why.

And I know we're not British.

You really need to pay closer attention to what you write, and what people write in response!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
meh. personally i think charles could have picked out a better wife, but what can u do. besides she'll eventually die and be replaced so its alllll ok. :p

gibbo67

HSC
"queen" camilla is gonna become a pretty dirty word once charles ascends to the throne - couldn't imagine the british public ever wanting to accept that

K

katie_tully

On a second note - it pisses me off somewhat that they've changed the laws to suit Charles. Why couldn't he stick to tradition? Elizabeth's father had to abdicate in order to marry a divorcee, so Charles should relinquish his right to the throne.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Simpson was the divorcee, not Edward. British monarchs/(one very famous one) have a neat history of...divorcing.

K

katie_tully

Iron woman said:
Simpson was the divorcee, not Edward. British monarchs/(one very famous one) have a neat history of...divorcing.
I know. But under royal protocol, you can't marry a divorcee. Therefore in order to marry her, he abdicated the throne, which is exactly what Charles should have done.

Better yet, what Charles should have done was just to have married her 30 years ago, and save us from the bullshit.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Camilla's a divorcee?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
beccaxx said:
yeh, the only reason that philip is a prince and not a king is cos king is higher than queen, and lizzi was heir.
i cant believe they sed she would b queen i would like a lil bit of proof thanks speedo.
thats jst rediculous.
heres a snippet from the London Guardian

Just when they thought the legal tangles over Prince Charles's wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles on April 8 had been resolved, royal officials were last night confronted with the government's confirmation that she will indeed become queen when her husband succeeds to the throne.
A one word response in the decent obscurity of a Commons written answer gave ministers' official view that the marriage will not be morganatic - a union where the partner of the sovereign does not have royal status.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A spokeswoman for the Department for Constitutional Affairs confirmed that legislation would be required, not only in Britain but in the 17 Commonwealth countries which have the monarch as head of state, if the king's wife is to be deprived of the title of queen.
The spokeswoman said, with the uncertainty which has characterised the department's involvement in the wedding to date: "I think that's probably the case because in all similar circumstances in past royal marriages that is what has happened.

there's something about her being able to choose her title in there...and i just read somewhere she doesnt want to be queen.... its all so screwed

make william king and be done with it...he'd be the greatest

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
I know. But under royal protocol, you can't marry a divorcee. Therefore in order to marry her, he abdicated the throne, which is exactly what Charles should have done.

Better yet, what Charles should have done was just to have married her 30 years ago, and save us from the bullshit.
DAMM STRAIT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)