query about some courses (1 Viewer)

daniel_fank

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about going to UTS and doing an IT related course. I have my sights on B Information Technology (1), but another possibility is B Science in Information Technology, Dip Information Technology Professional Practice (2).
The course codes are 605010 and 605000 respectively.
I realise that (1) has a higher UAI 'cut-off' (90+ or thereabouts) compared to (2) which is ~85, and (1) also requires a questionnaire to be submitted, and if the application is successful, an interview follows suite. I am confused about what the differences are between the courses, and why (1) is more popular (following it has a higher UAI cut-off).
Also, if anyone could share their experience in these courses, that would greatly assist in my decision making!

thanks,
fanky

HSC
(1) is a coop-scholarship funded course, which is fast-tracked. you also get paid to do it. ummm you get to work for your sponsor as well in your final year as well i think (dont quote me on that)

umm...bscit is basically the same but not fasttracked, no money, and no guaranteed work experience like the sponsored course.

hmm

look into BBusiness/BComp too..its basically Business with Bscit....so yeah

gd luck

T

timbk2

BIT's dont work for their sponsors in their final year. they do 2 half year work experiences that arent paid. But they get about 12k per annum for their 3 year course. You are pretty much gauranteed a job when you graduate from BIT, however, its not as easy as you think to get accepted cause its a scholarship.

BscIT's do pretty much the same subjects however over a 4 year period. BscCits spend their 3rd year doing full-time work for a minimum of 9 months... and its paid! Im currently doing my 3rd year industrial training, and im on a 12 month contract, and the experience you get out of this is invaluable. Effectively, dont think about the money side of things, cause both courses are pretty much the same when you take into consideration we get paid to work... you can earn anythin between 25-50k or whatever the job offers.

As for life after the degree, you have a much better chance with BIT's cause they have a range of sponsor companies that pick them al up when they graduate, however, if you do find a good job in your 3rd year of BscIT, there's always the possiblity the company will want you back.

Let me know if you need more info on either course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)