HSC
my ranks are as follow
3/26 pdhpe
3/28 advanced english
3/85 SOR
10/73 General maths
11/76 Business
4/32 Legal

Is a UAI of 85 possible with these ranks? and am i right in assuming that the marks used to calculate your UAI are based purely from the external examination and the mark that correlates to your rank?

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
these are pretty good results, you would definetly get more then 80 UAI, however to be more accurate we would also need your marks.

it definetaly makes use of your internal marking as well, however the marks will be moderated to suit your rankings.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Nothing is definate, but your ranks are nice and consistant, and you have the solid English rank too.

We need to know what school you attend though, and the people who beat you in ranks performance in the trials.

Because, if the people who beat you aren't better than you you're in a bit of situation. (not a huge one just a minor one). There's an unwritten rule about UAI's. If you do humanities (Legal, Business and Economics) you need marks in the 80s to get a UAI of 80. and marks in the high 70s to get a UAI in of 70. (Point being 1-5 marks makes a huge difference.

Basically this rule is consistant with all other subjects. UAI > 80 = Marks more than 80.

The HSC marks are dependant on your internal rank too though, otherwise you could lose upto 10 marks.

So here's what I would need to know.
a) How did the people who beat you do in the Trials?
b) What's your schools rank?
c) How many people got a UAI over 80 last year? In your school. (ask your careers adviser)
d) What were your trial ranks and marks.

(This way I can probably give you a UAI Prediction with +/- 3 margin of error)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)