Query: Arts courses? (1 Viewer)

SunnyRaining

HSC
Hi everybody, it's been a very long while since I've been back on these boards :)

I'm a dental student in my last year studying at Adelaide University - I'll be graduating at the end of this year and starting work back in Sydney (where I'm from) next year. However I've always had a slant towards the humanities and arts - specifically in the areas of psychology, philosophy, film, fine art, photography and animation (but not necessarily all at once) - and would like to go back to part-time study 'as a hobby' (shock horror!).

My intentions are not really the degree itself but rather the exposure to ideas, creative work and people. I realise that I could probably find outside of formalised training but my fears are that dentistry (my father owns a busy practice) will swallow me alive and allow me no time to explore the humanities - if I allow it to.

So ... I'm testing the waters at the moment and gathering information and opinions as to which university (or colleges) and corresponding coursework you guys would recommend. Thanks muchly all :)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I dunno why, but reading this makes me happy. It's good to see people following their dreams.

I'd say Sydney Uni would have the most options for studying in that general area, although I'm not sure on flexibility. Sydney and UNSW allow students to create their own timetables, so that's always a plus.

Open universities Australia allow part time study from a distance, so have a look at that. But you won't get the exposure doing that.

Hope that helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)