Question 2 - anyone? (1 Viewer)

*10#

it was pretty open and broad as i guess it has to be and it had everybody's preferred TWO areas of debate

did ppl refer to the quote much?
how did you go and how much did you write?

i managed about 13 pages in 40mins ( went overboard on Q1 )
dont think i did to well hopefully made it into the 20s

yeah, i loved the quote, gave some structure to my crazy napoleonic ramblings, hehe.

not sure how i actually went.. focused too much on one of my debates, then realised i had all of 10 mins for the other..

same as u *10#, 13 pages in 40mins-ish... mm, hopefully 20's. napoleon was never quite my 'thing', always put more focus into nailing q1.

K-Lo

yeah i reffered to the quote heaps...it was pretty perfect for JFK, i completely ran out of time though, i only left 15mins for the 2nd debate so its kinda dodgy and my conclusion is the worst,
i wrote 14 pages hmm i dunno about mark, think id be pushin 20

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ladypenelope85
yeah, i loved the quote, gave some structure to my crazy napoleonic ramblings, hehe.

not sure how i actually went.. focused too much on one of my debates, then realised i had all of 10 mins for the other..

same as u *10#, 13 pages in 40mins-ish... mm, hopefully 20's. napoleon was never quite my 'thing', always put more focus into nailing q1.
dude you did napoleon? me too!
proud to say that i only made up ONE historian too :)

still did quite a shoddy essay though. filled two books.. but the first was full of such garbage; i don't even know if i even mentioned Napoleon all that much, heh.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
The quote was awesome and suited my JFK essay to a T. I kept trying to refer to the quote sometimes altering the words, ensuring i'm assessing the debates as well as refering to a dang quote. Hey K-Lo same here, I did around 14 pages! :)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
That was a nice question.. Especially with it being a thinly veiled rewrite of last year's. Rather kind of them, and a good way to finish off the HSC. :d

Don't want to guess my mark though.. (I never was a fan of estimation. Just going to accept what comes on the 18th of December..)

scottish_lass

yeah i think that was a decent question and i remembered way more than expected!

Did anyone esle speak about an extra historical issue?

i had a bit of time left and thought why not, hope its okay- it means minimum is expected is two doesnt it?

psycho_mushy

HSC
I "hit on" onto one of the supervisers... she wasn't too happy :D she was married!

anyway....... question 2 was alright... like I said I bullshitted 100% throughout the exam!

amyb

Haha, Psychomushy, good work...
I realised i also had 6 minutes to write about the 2nd issue, which is just great cos it is longer than my issue 1...filled 11 pages, but it was short and rushed at the end because of the lack of time. The quotation fit perfectly with my responses, only i only read the quotation once i had already filled 3 pages...oops. So, i then referred to it a fair biit to make sure they knew how i was responding to it...hope it worked.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I clinged onto the quote like nothing else cos I went overtime on my first question and had to rush, so I just kept referring to this...

Bon******

i finished mid word..."During JFK's presidenc...." with a big scrawl. damn analog clocks thought i had 1 minute left!!

lazybum

HSC
N/A
that interpretation changes threw me initially bc i had a set essay, but in the end i realised i just had to add a last paragraph writing that even revisionist historians are critical and biased etc etc, showing that even their history needs revision

i wrote 14 pages for that, so am happy, but wrote only 9 for the first one. But i don't write so big, so i'm sure it's prob fine. I gather it was my best exam!!! altogether history hsc exams were the best, and those were the ones i was dreading!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Anyone do Elizabeth ? :(

I actually talked about the 4 debates as i mentioned earlier in the other thread.
But morphed them into 2 :D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I did Elizabeth and talked about the debates behind her weakness as a ruler (gender constructions v personal weaknesses) and the reasons she didn't marry (irresolution v diplomacy)

Last edited:

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I also wrote about Elizabeth. Focused on the religion (Hurstfield v. Ridley and Elizabeth's 'tolerance' and/or 'pious' nature. Simply, Ridley also relates events such as Elizabeth attending Catholic Mass under Mary, while Hurstfield's 'traditional' work depicts Elizabeth as being purely pious towards England's true religion, an element of the 'Woman Worthy' genre.. Also briefly referred to Starkey) and gender (Vileponteaux v. Doran. To what extent did patriarchy affect Elizabeth? Did she manage to manipulate the system to her advantage? Doran believes so in 'Gender, Power And Politics'.)

Liked the question being similar to last year's..

narrator

HSC
N/A
i did JFK, which i didn't particullarly like as a case study, but at least it was easy to study for, like you said Ms 12, the questions have to be broad to cater for all the case studies.

the exam reminded me a lot of the ext eng exam in that sense.

btw, congrats everyone, we are now accomplished historians, let's just not go all Windschuttle and develop superiority complexes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)