Question 2 - Dialogue. Compare the ways in which your texts use dialogue... thoughts? (1 Viewer)

bear869

Or seven!
HSC
Compare the ways in which your texts use dialogue to explore aspects of human experience.

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally i was stumped for this for awhile. I finally ended up saying something like a part of the human experience is the power relations experienced through dialogue, these power relations are evident through the conventions of dialogue.. And then i just progressed from there.

What did you do??

lilfrenchi

HSC
wrote 3 pages of stuff that didnt make any sense. hardest question in the exam for me. what were you suppose to talk about. did you guys do Bruce Dawe?

Pailin Thivakon

HSC
This question stumped me too. I got through it though, I studied "the Club" for this elective, wrote about human experiences like conflict, the struggle for power and inequality between groups.
Hated the question though, but guess what? No more english forever!!! yay! I can now burn all my notes.

bear869

Or seven!
HSC
Re: Question 2 - Dialogue. Compare the ways in which your texts use dialogue... thoug

Yeah we did the club too. We never talked about human experiences in relation to dialogue!! i think it was a pretty dodgy question as soon as i read it i was like... urk, fuck. eep. help.

jason21

HSC
Re: Question 2 - Dialogue. Compare the ways in which your texts use dialogue... thoug

The question was a bit tricky, but i managed to pull 6 pages out of my arse somewhere. I spoke to my teacher afterwards and he said that the question just asked how the dialogue was used between characters and compare it to related texts. For the club, i used Gerry mainly and how he divides and conquers and then linked him to jock and contrasted to Ted. I am pretty happy with the way i answered it though

boRedstaRs

HSC
i actually found this was the easiest out of the other sections
I had prepared essay that related to this
yeah i did the club as well just compared the characters dialogue quotes and shit like that

jeb legs

HSC
that question was crap. i had no idea, we studied the club but i did not prepare for anything like this. i managed to rave on for 4 pages but didnt really answer the question. i related it to 'hills like white elephants' and i got more info down for that then i did for my focus text. i was stumped.
o well its only the HSC hahaha
all the best everyone

locymac

HSC
yeh i was pretty stumped aswell, i sort of took self initiative and said that composers use techniques to portray whether the character faces positive or negative human experience with like silencing, power etc.

liam89

HSC
jeb legs said:
that question was crap. i had no idea, we studied the club but i did not prepare for anything like this. i managed to rave on for 4 pages but didnt really answer the question.
ME TOO! That was the worst question and ahving it read it in the reading time, I left it till last with only 25 minutes to go.

HSC
question wasnt that bad, i wrote about 10 ish pages (n i dun hav big writin) my friend wrote 12, that institutions question was a bit off, but aiight

RYZ4OG

HSC
yee i studied bruce dawe. and i strugled too, sat there for 20 minutes thinking of what to write, was of precious time! but yeee i cant remember wat i wrote im just glad it over, and ill be happy if i get 60% for my total mark lol
good luck in the rest of the exams ;)

RYZ4OG

HSC
and for the guy who is aiming for 99.0 uai, good luck ;)
im aiming for 99.95. y not ahh ;)
I WISHHHH I WAS!! more like 70-80!!

but ye good luck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)