Question 21 from 2005 trial exam (1 Viewer)

Mr_Alfa_2005

HSC
*****Question 21 from 2005 trial exam *****

Hey all,

Our teacher gave out a question from this years trial paper. I just wanted to see how you would write this question in an essay form.

Describe, referring to ONE case study, biophysical intereactions of an ecosystem at risk, and analyse the human impacts upon this ecosystem. using intertidal wetlands or sand dunes

Can anyone help me ? please ! thanks heaps guys and good luck with the hsc !!

Last edited:

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
first briefly talk about the biophysical interactions operating in each of your case studies:
- weather and climate
- geomorphic, hydrologic
- biogeographical processes
- adjustments in response to natural stress

then talk about some of the positive and negative human impacts on your ecosystem. remember it says analyse so u would have to draw connections and links with the biophysical interactions u mentioned, for e.g. we did towra point so the human impact of building hard, solid surfaces such as the Botany Bay Container Terminal revetment wall and the sydney airport runway redirects wave energy onto the tip of towra point and accelerates the goemorphic and hydrologic processes of erosion, transportation, deposition, etc.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Thats actually a pretty good question (I think). I mean, what do you know about your ecosystem that isn't to do with biophysical interactions or human impacts? Not a hell of a lot. Therefore, if you got stuck, you could just ramble on with everything you know, yeah? (thats my logic and I'm sticking to it... hey, it works for me)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I finally got my exam back! I got 19/20 for that question, which I'm pretty darn pleased with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)