Question 23: Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

squ34ki

heavenian woohzaa!
HSC
i put
internet allow many programmers from all around the world to communicate and collaborate on a problem easily
and stuff on that thread

for software
i said that the portability of JAVA programs allow quiker download and greater flexibilty of code
also, LInux software have paved the way for programmers to code without being paid for the general good of community
also, baout how it is easier fot software nowadays to code so programmers have more motivation to code for free.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Beaky
HARDWARE
- Modems and Cable Modems allow connection to internet so people can collobarate ideas from different locations... blah
- Storage methods have changed so code can be transported (e.g Thumb Drive) more easily
SOFTWARE
- Change in software approach of machine dependant code allowing for multi-platforms so more users can contribute to open source and use it... e.g Java
- Introduction of File SHaring, Chat programs such as mIRC so people can get together and discuss software upgrades
I wrote almost the same thing. :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
hmm i didn't notice the After exectution...but how would that have affected any one? Also what did ppl put as the accumulator?

For the last part i wrote:
--------
Load(Reg1, Mem5)
Load(Reg2, Mem5)
ADD(Reg3, Reg1, Reg2)
ADD(Reg1, Reg2, Reg3)
STORE(Reg1, Mem7)

lol hope i got it right.

i wrote that!

BUT, in between second time you add you had to load it again shouldnt you? :S...

i mean load 30 and 30 from reg 1 and reg 2, add the two numbers and store it in reg 3

then you have to

LOAD (Reg3, Mem5)
ADD (Reg1, Reg2, Reg3)
STORE(Reg1, Mem7)
STOP

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
A1
= 16^0 * 1 + 16^1 * 10
=161

= 16 ^ 0 * 1 + 16^1 * 3
= 49

Those who do H/ware option topic would have an advantage here. But they shouldnt ask this directly cause as far as i know this was not in the syllabus!!
i was scared reading ur post lol

it's 30 -X- phew...

so 30 = 48

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Ok.. somehow I got 209 for the decimal question (instead of 210, don't ask me how! :D), how many marks do you think I would lose?

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
i wrote that!

BUT, in between second time you add you had to load it again shouldnt you? :S...

i mean load 30 and 30 from reg 1 and reg 2, add the two numbers and store it in reg 3

then you have to

LOAD (Reg3, Mem5)
ADD (Reg1, Reg2, Reg3)
STORE(Reg1, Mem7)
STOP
WOOPS! I forgot the STOP! :chainsaw:

Oh its 30 lol gona edit my post.

woohoo

hey for that Register Q do you think this would be right?

LOAD(Reg1, Mem5)
LOAD(Reg2, Mem5)
ADD(Reg3, Reg1, Reg2)
ADD(Reg3, Reg3, Reg1)
STORE(Reg3, Mem7)
STOP

you see what i meen, can u add 2 numbers together, with one of those numbers being in a register that ur accessing & storing the result in??

And with Qb ii) i said CASE tools (software) would have helped this cuz it would have let heeps more people (including inexperienced programmers) to post code.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I think I did that completely wrong.. from memory I wrote:

LOAD(Reg1, Mem5)
ADD(Reg2, Reg1, Reg1) <--- hehehe
ADD(Reg3, Reg1, Reg2)
STORE(Reg3, Mem7)

*Sigh*

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
I think I did that completely wrong.. from memory I wrote:

LOAD(Reg1, Mem5)
ADD(Reg2, Reg1, Reg1) <--- hehehe
ADD(Reg3, Reg1, Reg2)
STORE(Reg3, Mem7)

*Sigh*
i did that too .. i dont see a reason why you cant add 2 numbers from the same register

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
I used MULTIPLY

>_<

HAHAH!, didn't you get taught a CPU doesn't actually have ANY of the 3 Arithmetic operations, the only thing a CPU is capable of doing is ADDing

how they get Subtraction is, adding a negative number
how they get multiplication is repeated addition
how they get Division is repeated subtraction

So from there you had that Reg 1 i think i dont have the paper in front of me is equal to 30, and they wanna times it by 3, so the result will be 90, so you do repeated addition 30 + 30 + 30.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
is it just me or did the hardware option people have an advantage in this q? im not complaining, i got it out anyway (i think:?).

i said pretty much what youve been all saying with the intruction code. but someone in my class pointed out that since its got reg m and reg p and other variables, m cannot be the same as n or p. you had to store them in totally different locations and u cant repeat a location. what u guys reckon about this?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
I used MULTIPLY

>_<
also since they specified the intructions used, you couldnt use multiply. thy gave you add, store and load only so you cant just assume that multiply is also valid.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by ezzy85
also since they specified the intructions used, you couldnt use multiply. thy gave you add, store and load only so you cant just assume that multiply is also valid.
I know that. Thats why i was angry!

Stooooopid SDD!! :D :) :p

Winston

HSC
I know that. Thats why i was angry!

Stooooopid SDD!! :D :) :p
Read my post above, it's right what they did, got your brains thinking. But it was harsh for people who didn't know hex conversions, but it was part of the prelim, but still harsh.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I didn't know hex conversions. i made it up. i thought since its only first 6 digits, and what they wanted was A1.

my answer was 37 :(

Winston

HSC
I didn't know hex conversions. i made it up. i thought since its only first 6 digits, and what they wanted was A1.

my answer was 37 :(

yeah just had to know how to do it the direct hex to decimal method or hex to bin to dec method

A = 10
1 = 1

10 = 1010
1 = 0001

Hex works in 4 lots of bits

so if join it together

10100001 = 161

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)