Question 3 - do u have to discuss context, purpose, reigster etc ?? (1 Viewer)

bubbles16

In the syllabus on the area of study it says u have to consider aspects such as context, purpose, register, text structures, stylistic features, grammatical features and vocabularly....

Do u have to do that in question 3 or just question 1. Because up until now i have just discussed the writing techniques used in each text ie. first person, metaphor, contrast etc ??

If you do need to discuss those other aspects how do you do it? Would u just say like the composer's purpose her determines the technique they use or something...

im so confused now... :(

chris42

HSC
hmm.. That is interesting, what my teacher has said to me is always, ALWAYS address language in all your essays, and to always address the issue, Change or Image or whatever.. I think those words are just a complex way of saying language.. But I may be wrong, if you wanted to be sure, just ring the exam line there pretty good. :)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea, those things are just language techniques. you've probably covered them in class :)

when talking about the composer's purpose, try thinking about a verb, like- to satirise, to persuade... etc. that should get you easy marks in q1, and it's a good idea to talk about purpose in your topic sentences in q3 as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)