Question 3.."prescribed text"?!?! (1 Viewer)

Sprach

ah help??

Well i am doing changing perspective and the Question said that we had to make referance to our "Prescribed text", and ours was Peter Skrzynecki and it consisted of like 6 sub texts, and all the tests we have done in school have said "Include 2 items from your prescribed text" so we would all do two poems, but this question i think meant that we had to referance it as a whole and not just two of the items?
any other thoughts? or comments?

Winston

HSC
well nothing can be really done about it now, sorry to say, just try hard on your modules, don't let one or two exams slip you out of shape.

Sprach

nah i just wanted to know if we were supposed to talk about the immigrant chronicals as a whole or the poems in the immigrant chronicals?
thanks

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Sprach
nah i just wanted to know if we were supposed to talk about the immigrant chronicals as a whole or the poems in the immigrant chronicals?
thanks
well i don't do that text but like my other modules which is similar like consumerism, we only had to talk about two poems in depth, dont worry some students answer using all the poems in general and make a good point but some like focusing on 2 or more and discussing as long as your point you made was backed up good by the 2 poems and the argument is sound it's all fine.

sandydee

i highly doubt we had to make reference to ALL of them. Since we needed to speak of techniques, im sure we only had to choose 2 or whatever.

i may be wrong, but thats what i did...

Sprach

yeah thats what i wasn't sure about because it usually says choose TWO items from your prescribed text, and this time it said your prescribed text, which i thought meant that you had to take it on its merits as a whole

eeyore

No, it normally just says prescribed text, because some people do films or plays etc, and they only have one prescribed text.
But you only had to refer to two of them.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yeah, usually it just says "refer to your prescribed text" - your teacher would've told you how many poems etc to do.

like t-i-b said, two poems are enough [that's how many i did :p]

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
yeah i do gwen harwood poetry and i only wrote about 2... its fine... they can't expect you to discuss six poems, plus a stimulus text, plus one text of your own in 40 mins...

its like frontline - you don't have to refer to all six episodes

robertdapice

I do Skrzynecki.

They have never ever state 'discuss 2 items' from your prescribed text for the AoS. Look at some past HSC papers.

I talked about 3.

Sprach

well our school has always stated the do two items thing.. but i did two in detail and then did an overall sum up of immigrant chronicals

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Just think you will never have to do them ever again :D, and yeah I do good ole' Gwen and I did 3, but i think 2/3 is all they expect.

eeyore

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
well i did 2 supp, fractals and 2 gwen harwood poems...hence 5.....i find it a bit hectic to do 6 texts in 40 minz...and smtulatneously analyse them thoroughly...
Yeah same I did 5, but it took me more than 40mins!

Sprach

yeah well all i did was two poems in detail and then did a wide response about the whole collection stating how they presented the idea of change and so on... hopefully it will be OK .. hehe

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Sprach
Well i am doing changing perspective and the Question said that we had to make referance to our "Prescribed text", and ours was Peter Skrzynecki and it consisted of like 6 sub texts, and all the tests we have done in school have said "Include 2 items from your prescribed text" so we would all do two poems, but this question i think meant that we had to referance it as a whole and not just two of the items?
any other thoughts? or comments?
just two of them, don't stress

pinky_lee

skrzynecki

we were always told that the more detail you can put in the less poems you had to do...
you could do a quick immigrant's cronical as a whole but you have to talk about techniqaues so u hav to the peoms separately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)