Question about Australian exams / foreign students (1 Viewer)

waxwing

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I enter the forum with some trepidation as I'm neither an Australian nor even a student - so forgive me barging in here.
I'm teaching A-level Maths in China (A-level is the British exam in case you don't know). We have a lot of very talented and able students here. We've been trying to find a variety of different routes for them to get to UK/US/Can/Aus etc. Universities. Most of them end up in the US or UK.
On the Maths side, we've got some of the best entering for the Cambridge STEP papers, and we've found a few Canadian exams (named things like "Euclid", "Hypatia" etc.) that some are entering for.
AFAICS, your Ext 2 is at a similar level to A-level Further Maths, which we enter many for here. I want to know, do you have exams in Australia which might be open to foreign students? My best guess is this Ext 2 exam is not open to foreigners, because it's some aspect of your HSC (which I know little about). An I right about that?
And if so, I wonder if you have any "extra" exams for talented students, which might help someone to get into Uni in Aus?

PS I enjoyed reading some of the discussions here .. gives me good ideas for nasty homeworks :)

undalay

HSC
waxwing said:
Hi,
I enter the forum with some trepidation as I'm neither an Australian nor even a student - so forgive me barging in here.
I'm teaching A-level Maths in China (A-level is the British exam in case you don't know). We have a lot of very talented and able students here. We've been trying to find a variety of different routes for them to get to UK/US/Can/Aus etc. Universities. Most of them end up in the US or UK.
On the Maths side, we've got some of the best entering for the Cambridge STEP papers, and we've found a few Canadian exams (named things like "Euclid", "Hypatia" etc.) that some are entering for.
AFAICS, your Ext 2 is at a similar level to A-level Further Maths, which we enter many for here. I want to know, do you have exams in Australia which might be open to foreign students? My best guess is this Ext 2 exam is not open to foreigners, because it's some aspect of your HSC (which I know little about). An I right about that?
And if so, I wonder if you have any "extra" exams for talented students, which might help someone to get into Uni in Aus?

PS I enjoyed reading some of the discussions here .. gives me good ideas for nasty homeworks :)
Well, I don't think your students can do the HSC as a such.
However i'm pretty sure u can just do SATS/ or something similar and have it converted to a UAI ?

waxwing

HSC
N/A
undalay said:
Well, I don't think your students can do the HSC as a such.
However i'm pretty sure u can just do SATS/ or something similar and have it converted to a UAI ?
Would that be the American SATs? Or is there an Australian one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)