Question about B Business, Kuring-gai campus (1 Viewer)

Sugar

HSC
Now that I have found out my HSC marks and plugged them into SAM, I'm not so confident that I can get into Business at the City Campus.

I can possibly get into the Kuring-gai campus, but I was wondering if I could transfer from that campus to the city campus in second year or something because it's easier for me to get to the City.

And where is Kuring-gai? How far is it from the city? :S

Thanks.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The Kuring-gai campus is at Lindfield, on the north shore. You can catch a train to Lindfield station and then either walk or a catch a bus from there. There is also a free shuttle bus that goes from the City Campus to Kuring-gai campus. It is about a 25 minute train ride from Central.

For transfer, you'll have to wait until the end of the year and then apply through UAC again. If you get at least a credit average then it should be alright. You might be able to do an internet course transfer, but you will have to check with them.

Alternatively, you might want to look at some of the Business combined degrees, such as BBus/BComp or BBus/BSc which have lower UAIs. I wouldn't recommend those if you're not interested in the other side of the degree.

Hope this helps.

pungpui

HSC
Haha the only reason I'd transfer from kuring-gai to city is coz of transport issues you might have. Other than that, whats wrong with Kuring-gai?? Its got the same lecturers and tutors, its a much cleaner and leafier campus, and from what I've heard, the chicks are a lot hotter!

I'm staying at the city campus only coz I work in the city and I can get there easily to and from uni.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
Master Yoda said:
kuringgais a hole theres nothing to do there

so shit
agreed, i hate having like 4-5 hour breaks. i just stare at the wall while pretending to do something

Hanzo

HSC
i wouldnt suggest doing business at kuringgai..
half the majors arnt even offered at kuringgai campus..
i think the only majors they have are accounting, marketing, management, sports management, & tourism..

all the other majors such as economics, finance, banking, advertising, ebuinsess, international business etc etc.. r at the city campus
so i wouldnt goto the kuringgai campus if you wanted to do say a major in ebusiness

peace^^

jessiej87

HSC
um dude they allow u to do the majors u want on city campus if it is not available at kuring gai

to tranfer u only need a credit average - there is nothing wrong with this campus.. same course, same teachers so its not a big deal for gods sake!

snowbunny

HSC
how long does it take to get the free shuttle from the city campus to kuring-gai? and how often do they run?

lala2

Banned
HSC
There's always the option of Chatswood if you have 4-5 hour breaks. But then again, Chatswood is just not the CBD.

Joe-E T

HSC
Got offered to go B Business @ Kuring-gai campus of UTS the other day. Im fairly excited because i come from a small university, ACU, and i enjoyed the small classes. Im imagining that the environment @ Kuring-gai would be rather a close knit sort of group, with everybody knowing almost everybody else. The sort of atmosphere that i personally learn better in.. Would anyone know if this is the case...

Calla

HSC
i dont attend the kuring-gai campus, however i have visited and i really got the 'tight-community' vibe....it felt almost as if i was at some school camp/retreat. I guess its mostly coz the campus is small and somewhat secluded, its really quiet (or maybe it was just that one day when exams were on) and its got a cafeteria/canteen- much like school.

coFFeecrZy

HSC
i recieved an offer for the Ba Business at kuring gai, but the on the uts handbooks website, they say that some of the majors may not be offered at the kuring-gai campus. Does anyone know exactly what majors they may be? and if one of the majors i want to do isnt offered, what can i do to be able to study it? thanks!

Calla

HSC
i think its like finance and e-business or some other majors...dont take my word for it though.

But if u do pick a major thats not offered at kuring-gai, they will allow you to do it at the city campus :)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
i used to goto kuringgai campus.. and it sucked big time..

i mean the free parking is great !!!

but the uni atmosphere is soo dead... its like a ghost town..

i definitely prefer the city campus better

shayne06

HSC
Don't knock UTS Kuring-gai.... Kuring-gai PRIDE!!

As for those asking about majors, I am doing the B Bus right now and know that demand for major subjects is assessed each semester and if there are enough KG students who want to undertake a particular major/subject then they will run it. (I plan to major in finance and yes they are running subjects for it this semester at KG).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)