Question about bankstown campus UWs (1 Viewer)

kc-ok-la

HSC
Not that it matters really at all,,

but , my impressions of unsw is there prodominately asian
usydney is a mixture but promdomately white/caucasion

am i right to believe the uws bankstown campus is white/caucasions and middle east kinda people?

dont get me wrong, i ve nothing against any race, just out of curiousity!

Maybe this is a north shore impression or just mine but out west i kinda get the feeling its all bogan kinda guys and westies who talk real differnt, i dont know!

purplemonkey

HSC
You're right...its mainly "white" people with the next most prominent group being "Middle Eastern" people...but theres a lil bit of everything... ;)

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
kc-ok-la said:
Maybe this is a north shore impression or just mine but out west i kinda get the feeling its all bogan kinda guys and westies who talk real differnt, i dont know!
That's the view of everyone who doesn't live in Western Sydney...

Edit: slight exaggeration... but then again maybe not considering the amount of shit slinging I've seen directed at UWS and the area.

Last edited:

Jacks

HSC
Ok, sure there may be a few "westies" or whatever you'd like to call them but to be honest I'd say there is just a mixture of everything. As you'd know if you're going to UWS but don't live in "Western Sydney" not everyone who goes there lives there, and thus they certainly do not play to the stereotypes. That said, I don't think that anyone can say that those who do are necessarily going to be bogan or speak and act differently. Having just spent 3 years there I can tell you that I rarely came across anyone who fell into such typecasting, and I guess you just have to go there expecting a little bit of everything, and ready to accept anything. It's important to be aware of the stereotypes and to know that they are just that...as far as nationalities go you'll meet a range of people from many backgrounds, and that will help to enhance your experiences at uni, but like you said it doesn't matter, so take individuals as they come and you'll fit in just fine.

Optophobia

HSC
This question is asked every year - but not in as nice a way as you have asked it this year.

No, there aren't any gang-rapists on campus because people like that don't apply themselves at school enough to get into any university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)