Question about Case Study exam question... (1 Viewer)

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
If the question doesn't ask you about specific debates in your case study (eg. the Independent School Trial paper, where the question just asked you to evaluate a quote by Henry Reynolds in the light of your case study) do you have to talk about specific debates?

In other words, do I have to discuss two or more areas of debate in my case study no matter the essay question? Or can I write with a more wide-ranging and overlapping style?

ane_st

HSC
You should usually talk about two areas of debate.

Even though only 2001, 2002 and 2004 HSC questions have specifically asked for TWO. You should write about two diff areas of debate. Im doing JFK and the two areas of debate (public/private and man/myth) would be to similiar so i'd choose something like public/private and Kennedy/Krushchev cause they are more diff and show a wider knowledge.

I hope that helped :)

Oh and its better for you to do two debates so you can cover them in detail - than doing 3 areas of debates and not go into detail with them

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
So in your essay you have to refer to specific areas of debate no matter whether they ask for them or not?

e.g you'd write something like 'Two important areas of debate in the study of the Crusades are...' in your introduction, rather than just saying something like 'The crusades are a contentious area of historical study' and just talking about historians that have differing views on stuff? Would it be a good idea to structure my essay around debates rather than historians?

I'm finding it hard to articulate my question properly...

ane_st

HSC
Ok here is the Bored of Studies Resource Page

Thatll give you a basis on how to write a good essay (look @ the exemplar papers for e,g.)

These papers wont refer to the quote however... But you should be able to work it into your essay

You should take about each debate seperately..... And you will be asked to make reference to a quote so you gotta integrate that in....

Your area of debate is the crusades id assume!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)