Question about EAS (1 Viewer)

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
chewy123 said:
IS your principal a justice of peace? only justice of peace can verify the documents!
On the document it said that any australian principle is qualified. Not just JPs. There was a huge list of people qualified. (managers at banks, etc)

Also, if I have verified my application incorrectly, will I just be ineligible for EAS. Would they contact me and ask me to do it again? I think I did it correctly, but now I'm unsure.

mathslover

HSC
OKAY

i got mine verified by my principal, she looked at the original and "verified" that the photopcopy is in fact a copy of the original. doesnt have to be JP (or id be screwed).
the educational impact statememt may be done by anyone at school who knows about your condition--i got mine done by my careers advisor and year advisor.

Well i dont think my friends are okay.. i think they sent both photocopies and originals.. so is sending originals OK? they dont HAVE to be photocopies do they? and as the photocopies werent verified does that mean the UAC wont process them? cz they didnt hand it straight into UAC, our school sent them off.
THey wont be needing the originals back, so the originals will be processed wont they?

how confusing :S :mad:

leon4u said:
when i handed mine in the people at the UAC said that they verify it for you..

all good with ur friends
did u hand it in to the UAC or did ur school send it off? who did u show the originals?

Last edited by a moderator:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Without Wings said:
A Justice of the Peace (with a registration number) can verify them for you, but so can some other people. Also, an authorised officer at UAC can verify them for you (but obviously you have to go there in person), so if you are handing it to them in person you could use this option. Here is a list of people who can verify documents for you within Australia, from the EAS Booklet.

a) Documents verified in AUSTRALIA
Anyone who is currently employed as:
  • an accountant – member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, or CPA Australia, or the National Institute of Accountants, or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents
  • a bank manager, but not a manager of a bank travel centre
  • a credit union branch manager
  • a commissioner for declarations
  • a barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
  • a police officer in charge of a police station, or of the rank of sergeant and above a postal manager
  • a principal of an Australian secondary college, high schoolor primary school.

An authorised officer at:
  • Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
  • the Admissions Office or Student Services Office at any participating institution
  • the Administration Office at any TAFE college
  • Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre, Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC), South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC), Tertiary Institution Services Centre (TISC–WA)
  • the official records department of the institution that originally issued the document/s.
  • A Justice of the Peace with a registration number.

Source: UAC Booklet (page 9)

Thank you! :)

leon4u

HSC
Crates said:
Hey guys, I (stupidly) sent my application by mail last Saturday, even though the mail doesn't get sent out till Monday which would be the 29th of September. Do you think if they receive it 1 day late it'll still get accepted?
i actually asked them if they accept ones later and they said yes.. the sep 30 deadline isnt important and if u go over it they still accept due to circumstances that could occur after the date.

mathslover said:
did u hand it in to the UAC or did ur school send it off? who did u show the originals?
handed it in to the UAC so they done it for me

Last edited by a moderator:

mathslover

HSC
mathslover said:
OKAY

i got mine verified by my principal, she looked at the original and "verified" that the photopcopy is in fact a copy of the original. doesnt have to be JP (or id be screwed).
the educational impact statememt may be done by anyone at school who knows about your condition--i got mine done by my careers advisor and year advisor.

Well i dont think my friends are okay.. i think they sent both photocopies and originals.. so is sending originals OK? they dont HAVE to be photocopies do they? and as the photocopies werent verified does that mean the UAC wont process them? cz they didnt hand it straight into UAC, our school sent them off.
THey wont be needing the originals back, so the originals will be processed wont they?

how confusing :S :mad:
?? (Without Wings?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)