• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question about EAS's UAI cut-offs (1 Viewer)

IronyHigh

Do they fluctuate much compared to regular UAI cut-offs? With regular cut-offs, they stay similar and increases slightly, so it's relatively predictable. But i notice that with EAS it varies anywhere between zero point something below the regular, to ten points below the regular. Although this isn't an indication of variation between the years, I just get the impression that it's more fluctuating and unpredictable in general. Is that true?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I dont know where you're coming about but i hope i can help with this. The EAS cut offs never get released (except in UNSW handbook, they are published). 5% of the hecs quota is allocated to EAS students-if you think about it for every 100, there are 5 and for every 50 there are 2 students. The competition would thus be very high if you're aiming for a high stakes course. EAS is SUPPOSED to be up to 5 marks off the normal cut off, depending on the demand-different courses will allow EAS entry with 5 uai points and others 0.2. Of course theyre unpredictable every year, just as uai scores. Similarly to uai scores, they can be used as a general idea of what it might be this year.

IronyHigh

-

Yeah, i know the theory of it. And the course I am interested in IS at UNSW (Design). I guess I was just wondering about their trend and whether it has a relatively steady trend like the regular UAI cut off. I guess it would, considering it works in the same way as the regular cut-offs. Does anyone know the ACCESS cut-off for the year before last, then? I know last year's was 86 point something. Oh well, just a few more days to wait anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)