Question about ENGG1000 (1 Viewer)

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
im going to do mining degree in UNSW this year. I had enrolled into the course ENGG1000. However, i didnt know about the project stream offered by different school. I enrolled into the Chemical stream instead of Mining stream. And now the mining stream is full so i cant swap it. Is there possible/ chance for us to pick our stream again in the first week?

How many student got offer into mining school this year? I thought the capacity provided by every school should be as same as the amount of student they took in, isnt it?

I would like to receive some answer/ opinion from you guys

Last edited:
HSC
yeah don't worry about it - it happened to me last year, and the problem is that when you click auto timetable it puts you in a random one, so everyone ended up in the wrong stream - it all gets fixed up in the first week.

good luck for first year!

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
thanks for such good informations.
what school of engineering are you doing?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
sonic1988 said:
thanks for such good informations.
what school of engineering are you doing?
Oh dear I just realised I am in the flexible first-year stream.
But you may consult the Engineering office that is just below the Mechanical Engineering building.

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
but the problem now is the mining stream is full, so they wont take any more enrol into that stream. I need to wait for some one to drop out/swap to another stream.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
For Eng1000 you can do whatever you want, so if you want you can just pick one that interests you.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Oh dear I just realised I am in the flexible first-year stream.
But you may consult the Engineering office that is just below the Mechanical Engineering building.
Yo it doesn't matter, they will tell you shit in the lecture tomorrow and then you can choose which one you want to do. It's a semester long project and you don't actually learn anything about a specific faculty. It's all about the design process and stuff.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
at that time, i was doing Photonic Engineering, so i picked the Photovoltaic project cause it sounded close to photonic. big fucking mistake! Pick the one offered by your faculty, as you are more likely to meet people in your degree and will see in the next couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)