question about GHD straighteners (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
CPY WRT said:
Personal opinion - i have had, over the course of about a year, two ghd's. the first one was from europe. like mentioned earlier the stuff does wear off and burn your hair. then the heating element broke. the second was an australian one. same thing happened within 6 months. waste of money. thats over $600 in a year. the silver bullet is so so much betterbut you might be lucky hey. either way gives awesome hair styles
that's surprising to hear, because it happened to me as well. the first one broke (something to do with heating) at about 10 months, so it was still under warranty. i've had the replacement for about 6 months (as it's a replacement, it only has a 6 month warranty, so it's out of warranty now). if it breaks before 12 months again they will be getting a nice complaint letter from me.

my coating has never worn off for me, the first one looked brand new at 10 months.

*hopeful* said:
was the 0.75 the width ? (width is the across part right, not the long length)
cause im looking at it online and description says 2.5cm/1 inch so i guess thats what u measured ay ? the description is slightly exaggerating
yep the small part

salsydney

HSC
*hopeful* said:
^argh r u serz ? ghd being a fairly new thing, well to me, everyone i know who owns one has had it for <1yr so i dunno if its long lasting or not

i was considering silver bullet and only choose ghd cause i've actually used it in diff situations but now im all confused again :confused: how long have u used silver bullet for ?
ghd has been around for quite a while now though... has been huge in the UK for years.. all my cousins in england have one, the longest of which has had hers for 3 yrs, and it still works beautifully. :) within my extended family, we probably have close to 10 GHD's, and none of them have broken.. but hey, thats a small statistic in the grand scheme of things

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I have no real complaints about my ghd, I've had it about... 3 months? and I consider it worth the investment, it makes my hair look awesome. my exhousemate had a remington straightener that was really good and about $80 or something although I maintain that I get less frizz with the ghd.

I think you just need to be careful not to use products with silicon in them because that wears down the ceramic coating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)