Question about hsc marks vs band 6 (1 Viewer)

~Han~

HSC
this has been confusing me for a couple of weeks: my physics teacher claims that the highest mark any of her students have ever gotten is less that 90, about 84. however every year she gets kids in band 6. whats going on? as far as i understand it u need >90 to get band 6?? can someone plz explain? thanks!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
~Han~ said:
this has been confusing me for a couple of weeks: my physics teacher claims that the highest mark any of her students have ever gotten is less that 90, about 84. however every year she gets kids in band 6. whats going on? as far as i understand it u need >90 to get band 6?? can someone plz explain? thanks!
Is she talking about assessment, external or the actual hsc marks?

Last edited:

~Han~

HSC
she was talking about the actual hsc mark (external exam + internal marks)

nahian

HSC
So for example
if someone gets a mark of 85 internally
and 96 externally
they wont get a band 6??
LOL

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Ah thanks now I understand.

But with that post Without Wings you're insinuating that your aligned mark would be lower than your raw mark. Is that normally the case? Because I know the raw mark for Maths Ext 2 always seems pretty low in comparison to other subjects but then the scaling always seems to push them up to a band 6 :(

~Han~

HSC
thanks for clearing that up! i was pretty adamant when i was discussing with my teacher that you definitely need >90 for band 6. she probably was talking about internal marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)