Question about HSC Raw exam marks (1 Viewer)

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
Are these marks scaled (Mostly up i hear?) before being averaged with the moderated internal mark?

If they are, how much would they be scaled by?
Say i got 75% in Standard English, would it be scaled by 5 marks? 10 marks? 30 marks?
I know its impossible to gauge it now, but any idea roughly?

What subjects scale down? (can someone link me to stats or something)

absorber

HSC
That's not scaling, that's aligning. Scaling is a totally different process, used for determining ATAR. Almost nothing scales up.

Aligning, well, we don't really know for sure, but look in the technical arcana section, the figures we know align a certain way are posted up there.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
That's not scaling, that's aligning. Scaling is a totally different process, used for determining ATAR. Almost nothing scales up.

Aligning, well, we don't really know for sure, but look in the technical arcana section, the figures we know align a certain way are posted up there.
i can't find that.

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC

Well not sure what to call it, in my school the RAW exam mark is often boosted up when reported in the school report card, thus giving us marks a bit higher then what we get in the exams.

Is this the same with the HSC raw exam mark? or is it just used plain and simple as it is to calculate the average for the HSC mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)