Question about HSC scaling (1 Viewer)

qldbulls

HSC
How does a class of one scale? From what I understand if a class is made up of a single person their HSC mark is pretty much entirely dependent on the final exam. Unless it's influenced by school rank and past performance, or perhaps the assessment mark itself?

carrotsss

HSC
Past performance and school rank never directly influence the moderation process.

For a class of 1, your assessment mark is just your HSC exam mark, so effectively your exam mark makes up your entire mark.

qldbulls

HSC
Past performance and school rank never directly influence the moderation process.

For a class of 1, your assessment mark is just your HSC exam mark, so effectively your exam mark makes up your entire mark.
Yeah that's what I thought but the concepts of either
1) Doing really well all year then getting a headache or something exam day and failing
2) Not doing great all year then acing the exam and state ranking
seemed slightly absurd.

carrotsss

HSC
Yeah that's what I thought but the concepts of either
1) Doing really well all year then getting a headache or something exam day and failing
2) Not doing great all year then acing the exam and state ranking
seemed slightly absurd.
Those are both entirely possible! In my opinion it’s a good thing, you can focus entirely on the trials/hsc instead of dumb assignments since ur assessment marks don’t matter anyway

Last edited:

qldbulls

HSC
Those are both entirely impossible! In my opinion it’s a good thing, you can focus entirely on the trials/hsc instead of dumb assignments since ur assessment marks don’t matter anyway
Fair enough thanks mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)