Question about internal marks (1 Viewer)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I missed out on coming first in legal studies by 1 percent overall, and missed out on coming third in chemistry by less than 1 percent overall.

Will the BOS consider this difference when they scale or moderate or whatever process it is, considering the difference is really small?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
This is the most confusing part of the HSC ><

If you go back to the "Does the HSC matter" thread - WW put up some links to threads that explain scaling and stuff. :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Shrikar said:
Yeah I checked that, it didn't really answer my question.:(
Well i didnt read them :eek:

But im pretty sure i've had a look at them, a while back.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Without Wings said:
Hahahahaha, thanks Karen. Lol, thats my situation exactly. But when Rage says "you and the student who just beat you will end up with similarly high marks," does he mean high moderated assessment marks, or the mark that the school send to the BOS?

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Without Wings said:
That's why I was a little confused when you said it didn't answer your question...but I figured you had a typical 'boy look'.

all understood now?
Yup yup. But when Rage says "you and the student who just beat you will end up with similarly high marks," does he mean high moderated assessment marks, or the mark that the school send to the BOS?

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Without Wings said:
He's referring to moderated assessment marks - what he means in summary is yes they do consider the difference in marks :)

(obviously though if there's only one mark between you in actual school assessment marks - the ones from the school, then the ones the school sends in will also be similarly high)
Yeah, true. But that does however mean that I have to do well in the externals, and I can't simply rely on rankings.

James1489

HSC
Either way you need to do well in the externals.

Edit: It's 50/50 weighting ratio between internals/externals for your overall mark..

Harvey321

KALIFORNIA
HSC
Random but how possible do you think it is for sum1 who does no chem, no ext maths, no physics to get <99; it seems if u dont do these subjects you alienate urself from the top UAI range :S

Any thoughts? ne1 kno ppl who hav dun say humanities n got <99??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)