• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question about KPMG - M&A (1 Viewer)

Blackacre

HSC
N/A
Hi ya'll

I applied for the KPMG vaccies program kind of last minute. I hadn't really done my research so I just chose Corporate Finance at random as my 1st preference since it looked kind of interesting. Got an assessment centre thing this Friday and they said they'd put me in Corporate Finance - M&A if I do get in.

My question is - How is KPMG corporate finance - m&a like?
I know one difference is kpmg doesn't participate in debt or equity financing so in that regard it's different from the real IB firms like Macq and UBS, etc?
So what does it do? Is it purely advisory? Does it focus mainly on mid-market m&a?
Also, what's salary at KPMG M&A like as a graduate and how does it scale?

Any help would be appreciated.

louy

HSC
N/A
KPMG does not get involved in financing because that is the job of the bank. KPMG will focus more on advisory, business valuation, capital structure and due dilligence etc.

They will look at the financing but not provide financing.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
A fair bit of work that banks don't want to do, and also retained to get a second opinion, as well as checking things. Not particularly involved at structuring or client level in most instances.

Blackacre

HSC
N/A
A fair bit of work that banks don't want to do, and also retained to get a second opinion, as well as checking things. Not particularly involved at structuring or client level in most instances.
really? i thought it was still structuring work but mostly middle-market deals.
how about hours? do you pull the same number of hrs as ibs? i'm assuming less.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
There's a bit of structuring, but no not really. Anyone has M&A structuring, even securities/ECM-oriented houses like Euroz but is that really your business?

Hours are lighter from what I know, but there're busy times where you work til 2am too like all places. Which is fine. But it's not fine when you get like 50k or whatever it is and get a whooping 8k rise per year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)