question about law (1 Viewer)

pakigal

HSC
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've got an accounting cadetship for this year so i've decided to do B Business (part time) at UTS. But my firm doesnt let me do a double degree cos I wanted to do law as well (I have the UAI for it) . So I was wondering, if I decide that i don't like the cadetship at the end of this year, can I make ma business degree full time and pick up law?

Thanks for any help ;)

Metric

HSC
N/A
Yes. At the end of the year you can apply to transfer into full-time Business/Law via UAC.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
pakigal said:
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've got an accounting cadetship for this year so i've decided to do B Business (part time) at UTS. But my firm doesnt let me do a double degree cos I wanted to do law as well (I have the UAI for it) . So I was wondering, if I decide that i don't like the cadetship at the end of this year, can I make ma business degree full time and pick up law?

Thanks for any help ;)
You would be able to apply to transfer through UAC.
However, by completing the full year as a B Business student your GPA for the year of university study will be taken into account in calculating your 'new uai' (NRSL) and eligibility for entry into the course. If you perform badly through the year you run the risk of having a lowered NRSL index and may miss out on entry into the combined law course.

However, as you are doing the course part time your GPA may not count as I believe they only use that with your UAI if you have completed 1 year FTE study. Not sure on this point so hopefully someone may clear it up.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have any general statistics on the number of students applying to transfer into law or combined law each year, and how many are successful in doing so?

pakigal

HSC
ari89 said:
You would be able to apply to transfer through UAC.
However, by completing the full year as a B Business student your GPA for the year of university study will be taken into account in calculating your 'new uai' (NRSL) and eligibility for entry into the course. If you perform badly through the year you run the risk of having a lowered NRSL index and may miss out on entry into the combined law course.

However, as you are doing the course part time your GPA may not count as I believe they only use that with your UAI if you have completed 1 year FTE study. Not sure on this point so hopefully someone may clear it up.
Does that mean that if I apply to transfer, they would only consider my UAI?

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
You need to contact the university where you wish to study the law degree. There are differences in the way they assess their Non- Current School Leavers. At UWS for example, you need to apply through the UAC and they look at the HSC, tertiary study (uni (part time is fine), tafe etc), work experience or the STAT test. Those are all given a ranking out of 100 (like your UAI) and which ever is highest that is the one they use to compare you to other applicants. That means if your UAI is higher than the rank your GPA gives you, they will use your UAI rather than your GPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)