Question about lecture/workshop/practical times (1 Viewer)

abdog

HSC
N/A
I have a workshop this coming monday and Biology lecture this coming friday. On my timetable it says below the title "Sem 1 Weeks 2-13" and Sem 1 weeks 9-12" respectively. Does this mean I only start going to workshops the second week and the biology lecture starting from the 9th week?

I also have a pharm prac on tuesday and below the title it has only "Apr 15". What does this mean?

chrissyomenko

HSC
I have a workshop this coming monday and Biology lecture this coming friday. On my timetable it says below the title "Sem 1 Weeks 2-13" and Sem 1 weeks 9-12" respectively. Does this mean I only start going to workshops the second week and the biology lecture starting from the 9th week?

I also have a pharm prac on tuesday and below the title it has only "Apr 15". What does this mean?
Yes workshops from week 2 and 3rd lectures 9-12, its only on when the timetable says, I'm sorry I can't help with the second part but I have something similar with my bio prac where is says June 3, its weird, probably just ask ur tute or lab demonstrator what it means in that subject

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So that random lecture stream starts Wk 9 & you will go during Wk 9 etc and yes that other class which starts Wk 2 means you will have to attend that class in Wk 2 etc.

abdog

HSC
N/A
Yes workshops from week 2 and 3rd lectures 9-12, its only on when the timetable says, I'm sorry I can't help with the second part but I have something similar with my bio prac where is says June 3, its weird, probably just ask ur tute or lab demonstrator what it means in that subject
So during week 1(it's starting 3rd of March right) I basically don't have to go to these classes?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So during week 1(it's starting 3rd of March right) I basically don't have to go to these classes?
If the unit on the timetable whatever class/stream it may be (lecture, tutorial, applied workshop, general workshop or practical, clinical placement etc) starts in Week 1 (that is the unit and the class/stream states Week 1-13/14) you will go to that class during Week 1 and every other week specified. Generally tutorials will start Week 2 and sometimes 1, 3 or 4 then you will go from whatever week it starts onwards. This also applies to any unit that says Friday Weeks 9, 11 and 13; you go to this class during Weeks 9, 11 and 13 on the Friday etc. Hope this makes a bit more sense. :)

So yeah, you don't need to attend those classes in Week 1. :p

Last edited:

abdog

HSC
N/A
If the unit on the timetable whatever class/stream it may be (lecture, tutorial, applied workshop, general workshop or practical, clinical placement etc) starts in Week 1 (that is the unit and the class/stream states Week 1-13/14) you will go to that class during Week 1 and every other week specified. Generally tutorials will start Week 2 and sometimes 1, 3 or 4 then you will go from whatever week it starts onwards. This also applies to any unit that says Friday Weeks 9, 11 and 13; you go to this class during Weeks 9, 11 and 13 on the Friday etc. Hope this makes a bit more sense. :)

So yeah, you don't need to attend those classes in Week 1. :p
So....I treat these slots on my timetable as blanks in week 1?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Ok, thanks! This might be unrelated, but do you where I can get laboratory/practical manuals?
CoOp Bookshop or the Copy Centre. The lecturer will let the students know where to buy it... some units even have a pdf version on Blackboard for downloading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)