Question about marking (1 Viewer)

elven_werewolf

HSC
In my half yearly's there was a question asking to outline the steps involved in a ritual of your choice. I chose to outline the steps of a spell because I researched spells for an assignment. My teacher gave me full marks but also commented that she doesn't think I should use this as an example in the HSC because some teachers may react negitively.
Is this true? Could a markers disapproval of a topic or example affect a mark? I think I should be allowed to use what I want...

bored of sc

HSC
You're right. Personal opinions should not affect the marking process. It's how well you compose an answer and address syllabus content etc that determines your mark. So I think you should be okay to use it for the HSC.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You're right. Personal opinions should not affect the marking process. It's how well you compose an answer and address syllabus content etc that determines your mark. So I think you should be okay to use it for the HSC.
unfortunately though, often they do.

HSC
I think that whilst spells may be a ritual affecting the lives of a minority, it could give the impression that you aren't taking the subject seriously and that impression could bias a marker's response to your answer. So, I think it's much safer to address a ritual that is a much more significant to a greater majority of people, just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)