Question about Mathematics Major (1 Viewer)

rotelearning

HSC
N/A
Hey!
For the Science degree offered at UNSW, specifically a major in Mathematics, how hard is the course. As a student with only a 3U HSC background, I would like to know if I would be able to keep up and understand the concepts. Thanks guys!

D94

HSC
N/A
The concepts are way beyond 3U or 4U level. You will need a fine appreciation of abstract mathematics, otherwise you will zero motivation. Here's an example of what my friend sent me: http://puu.sh/aQBXb/33c71c2750.jpg

Obviously now it might not make sense (or maybe it does!) so don't decide based on content that seems confronting, but that's a taste of university mathematics. It's impossible for us to gauge how well you will be able to keep up or understand but if it's something that interests you, then by all means go for it. Remember that it's a major for Science, so you could change majors if you decide it's not for you, or even the whole degree.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I only did 3U at school, and I'm doing a maths major and I'm doing pretty fine atm, even beat my eng friends in maths who all did 4U, as long as you put in effort you will be fine

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I was considering doing an applied maths major but it seems so boring and not useful in general to life other than work .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)