Question about music 1 HSC System.. HELP (1 Viewer)

gugbvi123

HSC
N/A
Hello I'm now becoming year12 and I am taking music 1.

I was just not sure about how the music 1 hsc system goes.

SO I know that we're doing

1 core performance + 3 elective stuff (performance, composition, etc)

and I also know that we have to choose three topics for those 3 elective stuff.

Im planning to do 4 performances (including core performance) and do I have to do choose a topic for my core performance as well??

and If I choose topics such as JAZZ, does that mean I have to do a jazz piece for my performance?

If it is, how can I perform if I choose a topic such as AN INSTRUMENT AND ITS REPERTOIRE??

----------------------------

1. I want to do everything in performance. how many topics do I have to choose?

2. How does the topics reflect to my performance?

3. NESA says I have to choose a topic that I haven't studied at year11. Does that mean If I studied JAZZ at year 11, I can't choose it?

Thank You.

aidensmith

HSC
Hey gugbvi123!

I did the HSC Music 1 course this year. In response to your questions:

1. You need to choose three topics. One of these topics will be a double up topic, so one topic covers your core performance and one elective, then you have two more topics for the other two electives.

2. Your performance needs to 'reflect your understanding of the topic'. For the trial and the HSC, and possibly other assessments depending on your teacher, you will have to write a 25 word explanation of why your performance fits the topic it represents. They are relatively loose on this: I did 4 jazz / jazz fusion pieces and had the topics Jazz, Music of the 20th and 21st century and an instrument and its repertoire. This might be something like "This piece displays the technical and stylistic aspects of this instrument, hence it fits the instrument and rep topic." Talk to your teacher about this just to be sure.

3. That is correct as far as I understand. We studied baroque I think and something else in year 11, so no one was allowed to choose baroque for the HSC. Again ask your teacher regarding that. This also applies for performances you did in year 11: if you want to do the same one you have to explain why it has showed an increase in understanding, or arrange it differently.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)