• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question about note taking for current med students (1 Viewer)

Dosu

HSC
N/A
How useful is it to take notes during lectures? Do you just print off the lecture slides before hand and write notes on top of that? I noticed quite a few people in my course are just furiously copying the notes straight off the projector into their notebooks. Do you find yourself coming back to your notes, or do you find there is enough info on the web, in your textbooks, on the slides, etc about it?

Right now I'm taking very few notes during lectures (although they are preliminary lectures) and I have a feeling it will come back and bite me in the ass come exam time lol. My theory is that textbooks, lectures slides and web pages will provide the info and I am better off actively listening during lectures and only taking down the stuff that I am positive I will not gain from written sources.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
dont copy notes from the slides. only jot down the stuff the lecturer says that is important since the slides are all online anyway. people who copy down everything are obviously the try hard asians that got in due to extensive tutoring and went to a selective school.

pman

Banned
HSC
I'm writing everything down cos I ran out of printer inc....In my medical subjects The lecturers excpect us to down what they write onto the slides, works for me...just print slides and add notes to them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)