• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

question about o week (1 Viewer)

Veronica.L

HSC
hii, just wondering if in orientation week there are parties everynight? that's what happens in qld like at brissy and stuff soo i was just curious. thx!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
At UTS we only have "O Day"
its on the 21st

There is a dance party during o week
last year there was the "pimp it up party" I went to that
it was alright.
Happy hour was awesome. half price drinks :D

Below is whats happening this year:
O'Week 2007

During O'Week UTS Union brings you free food, entertainment and more! This is a great introduction to campus life at UTS so be sure not to miss out. There'll be over 60 clubs and societies on display with a variety of club activities; bands; DJ's; sports comps and games; promotions and giveaways from a range of sponsors, free O'Week show bags and a free BBQ lunch!

Don't forget new UTS students can also join the UTS Union Advantage Program during O'Week too!

Here's the UTS Union event schedule during O'Week so far, stay tuned for more details coming soon.
Event

Date:

Time:

Where:

Cost

Clubs, Activities, BBQ Thu 15 Feb 9 - 2 K-Gai Campus* FREE
Union Info Booth Mon 19 Feb - Tues 20 Feb 9 - 4 Level 4, Tower Bldg 1, B'Way Campus NA
Clubs, Activities, BBQ Wed 21 Feb 9 - 4 Level 3a, 4 & Alumni Green, B'Way Campus FREE

*Only a limited number of clubs and sponsors can attend O'Day at K-gai.

Event enquiries:

For sponsorship and advertising queries please contact Linda Iacopetta, Communications & Marketing Manager on (02) 9514 1318 or linda.iacopetta@uts.edu.au.

For questions about Union O'Day events listed on this page, from 15th Jan 2007, UTS students can call (02) 9514 1140 or email union.activities@uts.edu.au. For all other O'Week enquires see the Useful Links section at the end of this page.

Join the UTS Union Advantage Program during O'Week

You can get even more out of campus life by becoming a member of the UTS Union Advantage Program. Advantage Program members receive great savings when they use Union services and facilities on campus, as well as when they're off campus too.

These savings include 20% off the Union's Fitness Centre memberships; 10% off at Union catering outlets; 10% off art and stationery supplies at Union shops; a free 128MB USB; a member only area on the Union website that provides access to special promotions and giveaways; and discounts on a range of popular brands from Advantage Program partners Where To Enjoy®, Contiki, Busabout Europe and Market City Shopping Centre.

By becoming a member of the Advantage Program you will be helping UTS Union continue to keep the community and social fabric alive on campus at UTS.

During O'Week you can join the Advantage Program at Union shops on campus or you can join at anytime online. Terms and conditions apply.

Useful links:

Info for New Students - http://www.newstudent.uts.edu.au

Orientation - http://www.orientation.uts.edu.au/

Clubs & Societies - http://www.utsunion.uts.edu.au/clubs/

Fitness Centre - http://www.utsunion.uts.edu.au/sport/fitness/index.html

Sport & Recreation Program - http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/union/thingstodo/trips/index.cfm

Sport Scholarships - http://www.utsunion.uts.edu.au/sport/scholarships/index.html

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Veronica.L said:
hii, just wondering if in orientation week there are parties everynight? that's what happens in qld like at brissy and stuff soo i was just curious. thx!
That generally doesn't happen at most unis unless you live on campus, and even if you live on campus at UTS you still don't get daily parties lol.

Veronica.L

HSC
yeh sydney campus (living campus) is alot different to brisbane ones.. they like supply ur internet and 3 meals a day. and party every night of o week. ohh well. lol thanks everyone :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
my liver wont be able to cope if i had parties every night

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
my liver wont be able to cope if i had parties every night
lol

veronica.l said:
yeh sydney campus (living campus) is alot different to brisbane ones.. they like supply ur internet and 3 meals a day. and party every night of o week. ohh well. lol thanks everyone
LOL!

is that from first hand? or someone tell you? they might just be pulling your leg..

Veronica.L

HSC
about the parties or about the campus? well i came from qld just moved to sydney recently and my friends sisters and stuff lived on the campus and they all said make sure u dont miss o week its the best fun and its just like a big party. like there are activities during the day then at night they have parties like every night of o week. but at campus there they have parties a lot more often than at the residence at UTS as it is.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Panda Bear said:
/shrug, i suppose if its *true* then wow, those qld'ers have alot of fun.
I'd think you would get tired of it after a while though - after all doing the exact same thing in the exact same place everynight wouldn't exactly be exciting after an entire year let alone 3 years +

Veronica.L

HSC
kami said:
I'd think you would get tired of it after a while though - after all doing the exact same thing in the exact same place everynight wouldn't exactly be exciting after an entire year let alone 3 years +
i wasnt talking about partying every night of the year just for O week.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Go to the dance party during o week and check it out
and they also have a dance party in the first week- commencement parties
at both city and kuringai

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
yeah pretty much goan_crazy said.

If you're *that* concerned about partying everyday/night during O-week, tag along at another uni or with a friend at another uni with a more social lifestyle. but don't ask me which uni :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)