Question about part time HSC (1 Viewer)

ITimber

HSC
hello,

I was wondering if you are doing part time HSC at school and complete 6 units sitting for the HSC exam, I believe you recieve a certificate at the end of the year saying you are not elegiable for a HSC and lists the 6 units you have studied.

You are then able to complete the rest of your units to recieve your HSC within 1-5 years at a school or tafe. I was wondering if at the end of the first year when you recieve the certificate saying you are not elegiable for a HSC will you also get your results for those subjects or do you have to wait until you have completed all the subjects in the following year(s)?

Thanks

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yes you will get your results for the subjects that you completed that year.

swimchick701

HSC
Hey
Its called Pathways and im doing it at the moment
im only in my first yr of yr 12 but the school has told me that i get a statement saying that i have completed certain subject then when im all done i will get a full hsc

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Nah mate u get certificate after first year my friend who did pathways got all her marks after 1st yr pathways and certificate and again in her 2nd year

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
There isn't any, anyone can do it. You just talk to your school and they enrol you as a pathways student, but if you think about it make sure you really are sure. I just finished pathways and it is hard watching your friends finish school without you.

ITimber

HSC
There is no criteria, but some schools may want to have an interview with you and your parents, but that depends on the school.

princesskt

HSC
ahh ok cool.. i just figured it was for people who like, couldnt cope with it all in one year, like yea i dunno.. ill shut up lol

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Well it mostly is, since not a lot of people would actually choose to do 2 years of the HSC unless they had to. I had to do it due to illness... others I know have done it because they have a lot of sport commitments, or because they burn themselves out with the stress, or just because they want to be able to get really great marks with less workload. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)