Question about ranking system (1 Viewer)

hscuserr

HSC
so i am doing maths ex1 course i was ranked 6/7 (not much far away from others) before trial which is 25% mark of the whole thing

and i did really well in trial which weights 25% and i got 3/7 but cumulative rank is still 6/7

did i get a correct one or is it just an error?

plzzzzzzzzzz help thx

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
so i am doing maths ex1 course i was ranked 6/7 (not much far away from others) before trial which is 25% mark of the whole thing

and i did really well in trial which weights 25% and i got 3/7 but cumulative rank is still 6/7

did i get a correct one or is it just an error?

plzzzzzzzzzz help thx

What did you get '3/7' in? In principle it's possible to come third in your trials but still sixth overall.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Your trial only weighs 25%. That means that the other 75% of your assessments, the 5 people above you did better than you, or they got high marks in one of them that allows them to still maintain or increase their rank, even though the lead may be miniscule.

hscuserr

HSC
so you mean trial weights 25% overall and 75% from all other assessments?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
so you mean trial weights 25% overall and 75% from all other assessments?
Well. Usually trials weigh about 40%, but it all depends on how your teacher plans them.

You told us that it weighs 25%, and that's I'm assuming 25% of your internal mark, NOT 25% OF ALL 100% OF YOUR HSC (which includes your external marks).

What I'm saying is, despite coming 3/7 in a trial that weighs 25%. It is possible that the difference between your marks and the people below you is not significant enough to push up your cumulative ranks. It is also possible that your marks in the trials were not enough to cover the mark difference that the people above you have from the other 75% of assessments.

I came first in at least 50% of my internal assessment for Business Studies. However, because the difference wasn't that great, and I didn't do as well in other ones, the others that have maybe only like 3 or 2 marks above me from the other 50% have a higher rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)